Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aakash

The knowing

6 posts in this topic

felt alot peace and somewhat bliss this whole week because i was being, but i've felt more disconnected as if i'm knowing reality but i wasn't knowing i was just being. even though i was being, i wasn't able to sustain highest consciousness level and going deeper into being (unknowing) so ironic, that i feel like its an ego backlash or should i say  blissful backlash- 

what i'm trying to say was i felt closer to reality not knowing and with constant change, than having routine and knowing. 

has anybody else ever felt this after a week of peacefulness? 

Just being in the present, is knowing. There's just different levels of knowing. The more "time" you spend in the Present, the more Knowing you will uncover.

All enlightenment is is all layers of knowing unmasked untill you are knowing.

Edited by thesmileyone

@ thesmileyone aka self -realisation ? ¬¬ i guess this was blissful back lash just when i thought i was done! or could relax and chill theres more work to go to reach infinity! 

Edited by Aakash

Yes enlightenment is self realization but full self realization. There are "levels" to that:

1. knowing what everything and you are intellectually. You read it in a book and you are consciously applying it to life.
2. knowing what everything and you are instinctually, but not experiencing it fully via the 5 senses. You just KNOW all everything is Awareness but cannot explain how. But you don't experience it fully; there is still a sensory based duality in life even though you know duality is incorrect. You might get glimpses of full non duality but they don't stick. Which is more or less where I am at these days.
3. knowing what everything and you are fully, unconscious awareness; not even seeing yourself when interpreting vision for example. No distinction at all between yourself and Self. Full nondoership. No duality at all. For the rest of your life.

Yeah i'm pretty much where you are aswell, my senses go back into duality and then i realise i'm not grounded in the present moment and monitoring thoughts in the present. 

remaining as awareness and not thought and experience. 

Edited by Aakash

One approach would be, before you say (or type) anything, first pause until you can see the opposite perspective as equally true. The relative (ego) is conditional perspectives, absolute is unconditional (all & no perspectives). This is a way of peeling conditions (thoughts & perspectives) off to realize unconditional (what is - prior to thoughts & perspectives). Another way to say this is the point is amplifying / realizing the impersonal unconditional awareness (you / truth) which knows the experience of all personal conditional perspectives (duality / ego). 

Another way is to let every thought / perspective go, and agree with no perspectives. Only detachment, always impartial. This flirts with suppression, careful with the distinction. If desire for achievement is strong, this might not be the ideal practice.

Another way is expression, in any form. Expressing your perspective all the way through, until there is no desire to express anymore. Journaling daily is great for this, and it’s an accumulative practice / result. It’s key to make note of when the perspective has been expressed all the way through, and no longer remains. The nugget in this, is realizing nothing changed for having expressed the conditional perspective - that thinking and emotions arose in the expressing, but afterwards returned to ‘baseline’ (awareness is constant & unchanging). Seeing that you are still you, now (didn’t actually go anywhere, nor change what you are). It was just a perspective, just an expression. You were always prior to it, through the entire observation, and part of what was observed is the appearance that you were attached to the perspective. 

Another approach is inner self study. Observing the inner proccess / experience / causation of:  what is seen (object), what is seeing it (object), & what knows of the seeing & thinking (awareness).  Anything observed with ample scrutiny literally disappears (nothing was there the whole time is revealed). With ample oberservation it is revealed there is no proccess, and that it was a deep rooted assumption all along that there was, leaving only the truth (I am / being / now). 

One more way is “understanding understanding”, knowing understanding as “of the true identity”.  This is a little more complicated, and sounds silly initially. Pick something which you don’t understand how it works. For example, a combustible engine. Read / watch videos about how it works. But be mindful that the aim is not about the engine, but attempting to witness the actual understanding itself. I didn’t understand how it works, now I understand how it works - where did the understanding itself take place. Isolate & locate the understanding as specifically as possible, point to the understanding, describe properties of it. 

One more...not very popular but... Take the most basic, fundamental, scientific pragmatic approach, to looking into the distinctions between the known, and the knower. For example, a cup sitting on the counter is known. You are the knower / what knows there is a cup sitting on the counter. Start googling / researching what the cup is, and what you are. Examples of googles might be what is a cup made out of, what are molecules made out of, what are atoms made out of, what are quarks made out of, and so on. Then do the same for the knower; what is a human body made out of, what are cells made out of, etc, etc. The similarities & distinctions realized can be profound in terms of self realization, but also, this is a practice. Thinking about doing this is the same as doing nothing, actually doing it can yield the realization.

These are suggestions of which the aim is the outcome of knowing being through scrutiny, by exhausting the distinctions.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE