fewrocker

Spiral Dynamics Music Game

6 posts in this topic

-> Choose a song you think represents each stage

-> Give a small explanation if you want

-> You can skip one or two if you want

-> Pick something based on your particular taste so we can discover some new songs :)

Purple. Shaman - Ancient Winds  (such a mystical vibe)

Red. Whitechapel - The Saw is the law  (so aggressive and about domination)

Blue. Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried (good ol' traditional values)

Orange. Jay Z & Kanye West - Niggas in Paris  (look at me bro)

Green. Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Shine  (human connection vibes)

Yellow. Dream Theater - The Dance of Eternity  (complex and integrates many elements and styles)

Edited by fewrocker

Purple - any shamanic drumming, chanting, or instrumentals. 

Red - the vast majority of rap music today. Garbage. Literally close your eyes and pick a song on the top 40 list, and it's bound to have red influences. Popular music is probably the lowest dragging influence in our culture right now. Our politics and economics and businesses are orange, starting to move into green, and yet our music is basically 3rd world country, Africa levels of development. Sad. 

Blue - gospel music. Country music. 

Orange - modern pop. Some classic and modern rock. Rap. Again, the majority of music out there is red/orange, so it's not worth it to recommend a song. This is where streamlined, 3 minute songs with the same chord structure started permeating culture. No soul. "Easy listening." Stuff like that. 

Green - "Three Little Birds" Bob Marley. Lyrical content about love, community, and perhaps drugs. Music wise, a return to natural instruments (although electronic music is also big in green), just not heavily processed and trite. 

Yellow - now this is interesting, I actually think most classical music was written by genius masters (because they had to be), and as a pianist who studied Bach counterpoint among other styles and structures, this shit was YELLOW. Classical music is pretty advanced and healing! Progressive Rock is yellow (Pink Floyd, Steven Wilson, Dream Theater, etc.). Some world music. Think green that became more aware and integral. 

Turquoise- Dauologn -Sigur Rós. Awaken -Yes. Gates of Delerium -Yes. Museum of Consciousness -Shpongle. Also some post rock like Aural Method, Altus, and Paint the Sky Red. 

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Turquoise: Bloodbath - Eaten (It's about two guys who want to experience unity) 

Oh, this sounds like fun. If there's two things I like, it's talking about Spiral Dynamics and sharing music :D

Blue: Theocracy - I AM (Song about Jesus by a christian band)

Orange: Edguy - Superheroes (Always interpreted this song to be about heartbroken men who go out and pick up girls to cope with how they feel and them rationalizing they're numbness as being an invincible Superhero)

Green: Saltatio Mortis - Todesengel (German song. Very political band which openly supports green values. The song is about a women who was a victim of Josef Mengele in Auschwitz and who decides to forgive him for what he did to her and her sister. The song promotes the idea of forgiveness and love instead of revenge and hate.

Yellow: Dream Theater - Only A Matter Of Time (Lyrics are pure poetry. Basically a song about following your dream and that life is about the journey, not the destination.

Turquoise: Devin Townsend - Life (Devin Townsend is easily my best guess for a turquoise musician; every interview or song I hear from him makes me believe this more and more. No idea what song illustrates this best though, so I decided to pick my favorite one ^_^)

Very cool suggestions!!

I'm actually enjoying a lot of the songs you guys put here. That was the post idea :)

@Zizzero Devin Townsend is pretty cool! Im listening to "By your command" and loving it