Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elton

How To Not Be Vindictive

4 posts in this topic

Somehow I sense that some part of my motivation comes from being vindictive like because someone said something to me I'll do something really big in life and ya then he will realise who he was talking to.. Or if someone threatens to physically assalt me, I would want to make a really muscular body and learn martial arts then he would know who he was messing with or if a girl rejects me I would work really hard to be an alpha male and then she will know whom she rejected...  it was Very sutle for me to realise this but I don't want this shitty type of motivation. I do have a vision but not something greater than me yet, but I feel that it would be good if I could shed this type of motivation,  it is little similar to being a competitor... 

8 hours ago, Elton said:

Somehow I sense that some part of my motivation comes from being vindictive like because someone said something to me I'll do something really big in life and ya then he will realise who he was talking to.. Or if someone threatens to physically assalt me, I would want to make a really muscular body and learn martial arts then he would know who he was messing with or if a girl rejects me I would work really hard to be an alpha male and then she will know whom she rejected...  it was Very sutle for me to realise this but I don't want this shitty type of motivation. I do have a vision but not something greater than me yet, but I feel that it would be good if I could shed this type of motivation,  it is little similar to being a competitor... 

I think this has more to do with your self image of yourself. When you have a big ego and someone hurts your shiny self image that you have you want to work on building up that image of yourself to others so it's even stronger

Its like that kid in school who has to have the best grades, if they don't then they'll work harder to make sure they best everyone else because they have this image of themselves as being the best, super clever academically and to be proven wrong sucks so they make sure they're proven right

Theres a video by Leo on the self image and another one on how you lie which sheds some light into this 

I experienced this the other day when I felt embarrassed about something, I was only feeling embarrassed because my self image was tarnished in front of someone else, being aware of this funny little ego guilt trip can make you giggle a bit inside 

@Elton

12 hours ago, Elton said:

but I don't want this shitty type of motivation

time to start doing what you think you want instead of what you think others think of what you think.