Devi Shanti

Biphasic and polyphasic sleep

2 posts in this topic

Hi everybody

For many years I've been suffering from insomnia and I already tried to fix it many ways. Recently I started a new routine including going sleep and waking up really early, working out and practicing yoga throughout the day and maintaining a very healthy diet (which I have had for a long time). However, despite my efforts, my body simply doesn't adhere to an 8, 7 or even 6 uninterrupted hours of sleep, and I wake up in the morning exhausted then I think about my bed all day.
Currently I'm trying Wim Hoff breathing method and silent meditation when I wake up early dawn. It seems to be a good ideia, but I'm yet physiologically and mentally confused about the time and my sleepness seems to never be satiated. In face of all this, I am considering that my natural sleep cycle is not compatible to the '8 hours per night' which is disclosed as the ideal.
I found some information on the internet about different kinds of sleeping habits called biphasic and polyphasic sleep which consist of breaking up the sleep time in many parts throughout the day and night. Some people report increases of productivity and total adaptation, not feeling tired when they're awake. Have you guys ever heard something about this? have you ever tried it? any stories?

PS.: before anyone asks, my hormones and nutrients are all ok and I don't use any drugs, even alcohol or caffeine :)

Edited by Devi Shanti