ShaharA

Why am I staring into space?

4 posts in this topic

sometimes I just stare into space without thinking about anything. It can happen spontaneously especially when I'm alone, it's kind of like I'm zooming out of reality and disconnect.

It can last for a few minutes and even for 30-40 minutes sometimes. I read about dissociation (which I did experience in pressure situations) but in this case it is different because I can experience it when I'm fully relaxed and calm (especially in the evening or the end of the day) and I never felt the "temporary time lost" or "memory loss" like the dissociation description. also, I never felt like I can't control it or come back to reality when I want. I would call it just a daily "need" to stare in the air for a few minutes every day.

Did any of you ever experience such a thing?

@ShaharA all the time my dude!! Maybe it's because reality (being) gets too intense sometimes, and I feel the need to disconnect for a few minutes. These are usually deep contemplation sessions, and I basically lose all care for my physical body, and zoom off into space. It'd say it happens at least a couple times a day, and it happens spontaneously (obviously only in a safe spot, not when driving lol). Completely within my control to stop, but I like them! It's nice to hear someone else does these too 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Yes,  I've been doing that since I was a little kid, on a bright day I'll just stop randomly and stare up for half an hour. It has a become bit of a meditation  There is something about the vast emptiness and the fact that everything you see is so so far away and yet you are able to see it. On some days when you can see Jupiter and Saturn I just gaze on those dim dots and imagine what it must be like over there and how much more is out there. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus