Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chakra_7654321

Actualization work and being Social

4 posts in this topic

Before I discovered Actualized.org, I was more on the social side. For about 3 years or so I followed Leo's work while at the same time, I slowly stopped hanging out with my friends, and I became more introverted. For the past year and a half I was dating this girl that's more extroverted than I am (big into self help and religion) so that was the most of my social life (also hung without from time to time with her religious group (couldn't bond because I wasn't at stage blue)). We split ways and 5 months post break up, I isolated myself. I isolated myself and now slowly getting back into Leo's work. (I fell off big time). Now I decided to go back to college at what's considered to be the most diverse, and the 5th largest school in my state. I went to middle, high, and community college in a rural area where diversity was at it's minimum.

Because for the past 3 years of being introverted, I find it a bit difficult wanting to connect with people at my new diverse school. Listening to Leo, contemplating about the ideas, and meditating, it makes me not want to talk to people. It makes me think more than I already do. I would love to have a healthy social life, but I feel as though I would have to cut down listening to Leo (or any self help that's above stage orange (Actualized, Infinite Waters(maybe) , Elliot Hulse) to become more social as I won't have deep topics to think about. 

Has anyone else experienced this before? What are your recommendations for balancing this out? 

@chakra_7654321 You don't have to cling to Leo, or his ideas. 

You are free to act however you like, don't forget this freedom.

The work is there for you to do mostly on your own. Your friends may think some of the topics are interesting, but don't expect them to be fully on board with your practices.

Find some common ground or a hobby you could develop a social life around.

Hope this helps. 

I feel you... I also feel like you answered your own question when you said you were not at stage blue.

Leo and infinite waters isn’t in the way, you’re natural interests are in the way of you hanging out with people you can’t really have an interesting conversation with. Don’t just avoid things you don’t like— do stuff you actually enjoy. This is more authentic anyways.

Maybe hanging out with stage blue is just not going to be stimulating right now. Can you just find some interesting social groups/ people who are doing what you enjoy perhaps philosophy, personal development or something related to your area of purpose/ higher contribution? College is a great place for this actually. Use meaning ways to interact. Being introverted can be an asset and you can still interact with others.