Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oliver Saavedra

Green consultors for Orange organizations

4 posts in this topic

On the business I work (design and innovation) we‘re starting a consultancy department, which team is formed by educators, psychologists, designers, and business experts. We have a big list of potential clients which we want to offer our services (one month consultancy for a better work environment and organization). I know we‘re a stage green organization which will enter a stage orange environment. We‘re still on the planning stage so I‘d love to hear your opinion.

Here a few questions I hope you could help me with:
- How might we evaluate their degree on the Spiral Dynamics spectrum?
- How might we communicate green values to orange people?
- How might we help orange businesses and their people raise their conciousness?
- What questions might be wise to ask them?
- What precautions should we take to avoid orange backlash when presented to green ideals?
- Which mindset should we keep while working with them? 

Thanks for your help, I think this is a great opportunity for green to work with orange for the best of the californian industry :D

Connect to Create ☼♡

A little vague but, fascinating. Congrats on trying something new. I've been in Orange most of my life.

• The bottom-line is a very powerful argument. Re-frame everything in terms of its monetary benefits.
    • Often Orange/Green/Yellow will align in win-win outcomes. Print less paper, use less electricity etc. helped push environmentalism as much as Al Gore's documentary.
    • Ford initiated the 5-day workweek to ultimately sell more cars: "It is high time to rid ourselves of the notion that leisure for workmen is either 'lost time' or a class privilege,"
  • Back up your ideas with rigorous science.
    • I started meditating when I read a book by a Google employee about it. Then researched recent scientific findings.
    • Same goes for breathing exercises, natural remedies, willpower exercises, journaling etc.
  • Present them as the ideas of competitors and people they admire. Show them clips or images to shock them. It's more convincing if it ideas come from someone you think as 'one of your own'. I've been listening to:
    • News reader, Dan Harris (who sounds like a workaholic) about meditation.
    • Entrepreneur, Ed Mylett about selflessness.
    • Elon Musk, about contributing your special set of skills to improve the world.
    • Conan O'Brien, about caring for others.
    • Search for B-Corp, it's a relevant idea.
  • Emphasise results, then present a clear formula and ways to measure progress.
    • They might oddly enjoy these things if they use familiar software/tools.
    • Numbers, must be part of accountability somehow. Or use checklists.
  • Discuss vision and big picture.
    • What is hard work and money really for? They should answer of their own volition that they seek Green values. Most people do, but say they don't have the time or are wistful about it.

Good luck!

@Oliver Saavedra  The issue is that for a bussiness to be green you need to have a green meaningful cause backing it up. And orange often won't move towards that because it has a lot of resistance. You truly have to restructure everything, like making an orange bussiness more greenish is a pipedream.

The best you can do is give everyone psychedelics and most likely they will all resign and go do something else :P

What bussinesses need is yellow consultants which can help you structure your bussiness integrating blue orange and green towards but even that would require too much of development on a personnal level.