kev014

Dealing with a Breakup

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys/gals, recently just had a breakup with my GF of a year about 2 weeks ago. Loved her very much and she I, probably would make a great mother/wife in a decade or so. She broke up with me and at first I was totally cool with it and honestly thought it was the best thing for both of us. Since then, I've had what I think are ego backlashes. Like in the grand scheme of my life I recognize this is fully necessary for both of our individual development as well as the potential for any sort of relationship in the future. Logically I know this breakup is a good thing. I keep getting emotional and needy and like trying to reconnect with her though. I also have this weird desire to create drama with her, its like this powerful urge to just text her shit I know will trigger her. I don't know how to explain it any way other than an ego backlash. Is this just my needy, insecure, lonely, etc. thoughts/emotions being brought to the surface by this event? Is this just me ego failing to let go (even though I know on a deep, intuitive level it is for the best) and trying to grasp at what once was? Is this my ego feeling a sort of loss of self and trying to strike back?

I'm being as introspect and mindful as possible right now, if anyone has some experience/thoughts with this let me know. 

3 hours ago, kev014 said:

Is this just me ego failing to let go

100%

Creating drama with her is just another way to get her to communicate with you. Any thoughts or emotions are a way to bring you back to her. 

Ego will do anything to bring you back into homeostasis. Just keep observing and going meta.

You seem really aware of what's going dude, that's awesome. 

Let yourself grieve until you cannot anymore and then let go.

I wish you strength and healing ❤️