Sleepwalker

Self-love and accepting yourself

15 posts in this topic

I was really wondering why you barely have any videos on this topic, because I just cannot ephasize enough how fucking important this is. ESPECIALLY for people who are really into self-development and self-help junkees, because those people tend to always want to change themselves or something in their lives. While doing that, their path of mastery transforms into a path of self-hate and need to change. 

Leo, I want you to make something clear to me and the other viewers. HOW CAN ANYBODY POSSIBLY LOVE THEMSELVES IF THEY'RE CONSTANTLY WORKING TOWARDS CHANGING THEMSELVES? I do self-development and of course, you have to love yourself, but on the other hand, you have to work on yourself too. I have self-love and self-development on my values list. But I find it very difficult to align with both. I can embody only one at a time. Therefore, is self-development an expression of self-hate?? I know that this is a limiting belief, but if you think really deeply of this.. it makes huge sense. Because, everybody who does self-development does it because he/she is dissatisfied with themselves and wants to change.

I hope that you consider this as worth your time.. and that you can see the importance of discussing this topic. This is much needed! 

You change yourself because you love yourself so much, that you want yourself to only become better and better. If I hated myself I'd stay with the shitty girlfriend, and I'd stop hitting the gym to shape my body, and I'd stop trying to better me.

No, I love myself, and because of this I want myself to have the best life possible.

3 minutes ago, Coach Vito said:

You change yourself because you love yourself so much, that you want yourself to only become better and better. If I hated myself I'd stay with the shitty girlfriend, and I'd stop hitting the gym to shape my body, and I'd stop trying to better me.

No, I love myself, and because of this I want myself to have the best life possible.

Thanks for responding :)) Of course this is definitely the most healthy attitude towards self-development to have and I agree with you, but this isn't always that easy to embody. I try to think like this too, but sometimes I have a really hard time while making some decisions. What about the really lazy days where you don't feel like going to the gym, when another 15 minutes represent torture to you? What about the days when you crave that peace of chocolate so much, but you have to resist it because you know that, in the long run, it is not good for you? And what if you have never been in the gym in your lifeand if you weren't happy with the shape you're in? Could you love yourself 100% even then? How?

If you ask yourself, what would a person who loved themselves do, what would be the answer? I find that, for me personally, the answer would often be not to put too much preassure on myself, and to allow myself to be imperfect and lazy at times.

27 minutes ago, MelanieWalker said:

Thanks for responding :)) Of course this is definitely the most healthy attitude towards self-development to have and I agree with you, but this isn't always that easy to embody. I try to think like this too, but sometimes I have a really hard time while making some decisions. What about the really lazy days where you don't feel like going to the gym, when another 15 minutes represent torture to you? What about the days when you crave that peace of chocolate so much, but you have to resist it because you know that, in the long run, it is not good for you? And what if you have never been in the gym in your lifeand if you weren't happy with the shape you're in? Could you love yourself 100% even then? How?

If you ask yourself, what would a person who loved themselves do, what would be the answer? I find that, for me personally, the answer would often be not to put too much preassure on myself, and to allow myself to be imperfect and lazy at times.

Hey I'm not Leo and maybe he will do a video on this, but my reply would be:

If you are craving that piece of chocolate so badly, chances are high your body is infected with a fungus. It's literally a parasite that lives inside of you and that parasite 'poops' toxins into your blood which go straight into your head and hypnotize you to eat that chocolate, because that fungus is living of sugar. There is not much you can do about this because the fungus parasite makes you eat it. And then the parasite grows and lives of you. So it's really more about self love if you don't eat that chocolate because not you want it but the parasite living inside you :D Hope that answer helps you!

On the other hand, you have to love yourself even if you are in bad shape. You have to always love and accept yourself, but that doesn't mean you should not strive to become even better :P

6 minutes ago, MelanieWalker said:

O.o A parasit. This is a joke. Right?

Well might be not directly a fungus but rather a yeast. It's called Candida or something.

Edit: It's actually a fungus yeast parasite, and most people do not know they have this condition.

Edited by Coach Vito

Just now, Coach Vito said:

Well might be not directly a fungus but rather a yeast. It's called Candida or something.

Ok I think that it's absolutely normal to crave sugar sometimes, that it can be a sign that my body is not getting the enough amount of the healthy nutrients that I should be eating. Therefore, my brain tricks me that I'm hungry and searches for those nutrients, but finds only empty calories in the sweets I eat, and the cycle repeats. There are hundreds of other explanations, it could really be anything. I think that it's too rashly to assume that I've got a parasite. Turns out that half of the American population is infected by parasites.

Thanks for your advice anyways, I will keep it in mind.

2 minutes ago, MelanieWalker said:

Ok I think that it's absolutely normal to crave sugar sometimes, that it can be a sign that my body is not getting the enough amount of the healthy nutrients that I should be eating. Therefore, my brain tricks me that I'm hungry and searches for those nutrients, but finds only empty calories in the sweets I eat, and the cycle repeats. There are hundreds of other explanations, it could really be anything. I think that it's too rashly to assume that I've got a parasite. Turns out that half of the American population is infected by parasites.

Thanks for your advice anyways, I will keep it in mind.

I know, don't worry :D It is actually also possible that you need more sugar/energy for your body, that's why you crave it. As you say, there are hundrets of explanations.

Hey Melanie, if you look up Leo's video on paradoxes, he actually brings up this exact one, might help to look it up.

As for my situation with bad foods vs good foods, I find replacing the bad with healthier, possibly slightly less tasty alternatives. My personal new "candy bars" are peanut butter chocolate granola bars. Still tastes great but you don't feel guilty afterwards.

Also, the cool thing about shifting your diet to healthier options when combined with consistent meditation is that your body wakes up from its "food coma" as I call it.

Went to a sports bar for the Super Bowl and ordered loaded potato skins because I felt it was justified. Not even 3 minutes later I was clenching my gut in agony. My body KNEW I was feeding it garbage. I get the exact same reaction from soda anymore as well lmao

@Brandini I think will help her a lot if you will leave a link in your comment.

The only advice I can give you, Melanie, if you really love yourself, you will not change anything just because you think other people thinks something about you. To love and accept yourself it's like a department, if you get me. Basically all starts from how you see opinions from others about how you look, how you act etc...

Please refer to sub-forum guidelines: 

"This sub-forum is ONLY for posting suggestion for Leo. This is not a place to discuss these topics in-depth. Only enough discussion should happen here to communicate your topic idea clearly"

Thank you

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Good topic, definitely on my do-to list.

Just something to ponder: would you hate your kids for going to college to learn new things? No? Then why would you hate yourself for taking a self-help course?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 2/7/2016 at 4:05 PM, MelanieWalker said:

O.o A parasit. This is a joke. Right?

He's not kidding. 

Self-love is something that goes beyond accepting yourself. Self-love is a way of living your life in your highest destiny. Matt Kahn makes almost all his video's on self-love. Enlightenment is realized while doing it.

Also mentioning 5d consciousness is a topic that is selflove.

If Leo has enough information, self-love could be the video that helps most people actually get enlightened.

Edited by A way to Actualize

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn