Girzo

The Word is: Integrity

6 posts in this topic

A little insight. As humans, we develop and change, but often our habits lag behind. Personally, my goals and preferences have changed a lot. I don't enjoy running or calisthenics anymore, even though I have loved them in the past. Yet I still continue to practice them, because that's something I am quite comfortable with and good at. And that's pointless. There are other activities like Hatha Yoga or simply walking that are more in alignment with who I have become. They are an especially good choice when I no longer want to focus on strength or endurance.

I encourage you to reflect on your own workout regime and see if you can replace any activity to make your training more fulfilling, too.

@Sahil Pandit Thanks for posting the video. Adyashanti nails it. 

I never have watched him, might do it now.

16 hours ago, Girzo said:

I encourage you to reflect on your own workout regime and see if you can replace any activity to make your training more fulfilling, too.

Good post, got me thinking a bit about my routine which is largely  habitual and less about enjoying it, that's the mindset I've always had about working out. Perhaps its time for a slight makeover

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Actualization.org always handing out reframes and truth bombs like candy. Adyashanti is great. Thank you