Aaron p

Which time set for meditation is better?

4 posts in this topic

40 minutes self enquiry, then 20 minutes vepassena meditation

Or

30 minutes self enquiry, then 30mins of vepassena 

...? Which one do you think is better (more professional)? I'm looking actual advise here

Edited by Aaron p

I would do vipassana until you feel you have a calm mind and then proceed to self enquiry. Althou Vipassana is split up in achieving a calm mind and then move onto the "real" Vipassana
....Not sure you should try to squeeze three meditation practices into one hour?
Personally I just feel like my first priority is to calm my mind and sometimes that´s all I do. If I achieve a calm mind I might proceed to another technique such as vipassana or self enquiry.
Mind you Im not very far on my path so I can only offer my perspective and not alot of wisdom....yet ;-)

What I do is 20 minutes of focus oriented meditation (following my breath, etc), then I proceed to the 20 minutes of self-inquiry.

It works for me because at first my mind is quite messy but at the end of the first 20 minutes, it usually calms down and I can relatively focus on the self-inquiry.

7 hours ago, nistake said:

What I do is 20 minutes of focus oriented meditation (following my breath, etc), then I proceed to the 20 minutes of self-inquiry.

It works for me because at first my mind is quite messy but at the end of the first 20 minutes, it usually calms down and I can relatively focus on the self-inquiry.

@nistake interesting thank you