NoSelfSelf

Authentic thinking

3 posts in this topic

What do you guys think abouth authentic thinking,saying whats on your mind, doing whats on your mind,that feel right to you is that going to ulimately lead you to the best authentic life?Ill contemplate feel free to share...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf It takes emotional labor to say what you authentically feel, if you haven't done too much inner work on yourself.

Communication can be tough, especially if you hide things under the rug.

Authenticity should be a goal that we strive for because it makes every second enjoyable and eliminates the egoic need to put on a front.

Figuring out your values and embodying them leads to authentic life (IMO). 

One thing on the note of feeling what you authentically feel about a situation is that I've found some questions helpful get me unstuck.  

"What am I hiding from myself?"

"What is wrong with this moment in my opinion?  What would I change?"

These questions often reveal embarrassment and other kind of subtle emotions that I've kind of pushed off to the side because I naturally repress them a bit.  You can do this for thoughts too, I've never not been deluded as far as I can tell so every time I realize I'm deluded and find a thought I've been hiding from myself, I think, well what's next, I've been deluded my whole life, I'm still deluded, lets figure out how.  This attitude has helped me tremendously

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows