Surfingthewave

Problems with consistency

3 posts in this topic

Need your thoughts on an issue I'm experiencing on my spiritual journey and also tackling mastery. Issue is of consistency. I struggle to stick to a regual meditation practice and also to stick to training in other areas of my life. I've been involved with meditation for 10 plus years or so and really it's taken off in the last 2, but why is it still difficult. Novelty and dabbling seem to be easier but not consistency. 

I realise this is common, this may be ego backlash or it may be something else?

@Surfingthewave for me it's important to make sure that you don't just 'try to meditate every day'. What I do when I need to change something or adjust something that will be a daily habit...I spend time letting my vibrational energy align with the new plan of practise. So then I start seeing it as something that has already happened every day and it's just a matter of what hour it's happening. I like to do it in the morning, but if I miss it I just do it in the evening. Try tap into your spiritual capabilities. Allow your self to learn how to dedicate itself to a new plan.

This would be like the difference between going on "a diet"...or properly changing a deep, fundamental part of your dietary habits. The concept of going on 'a diet' brings with it, the implication that it is temporary. So my advice would be to try not to see it as something that your "doing". But try to accept it at a deeper level. Really harmonise your energetic frequency to the new plan and it should go a lot smoother. That's what I think like. 

@Surfingthewave

4 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

Need your thoughts on an issue I'm experiencing on my spiritual journey and also tackling mastery. Issue is of consistency. I struggle to stick to a regual meditation practice and also to stick to training in other areas of my life. I've been involved with meditation for 10 plus years or so and really it's taken off in the last 2, but why is it still difficult. Novelty and dabbling seem to be easier but not consistency. 

I realise this is common, this may be ego backlash or it may be something else?

Hey!

i think it’s totally normal and inevitable to not be consistent! Would be too easy otherwise ;) I think the key is to not be too hard on yourself, albeit it souding counter intuitive.  Know what your life purpose and goal is and don’t be too harsh if you miss a day of meditation or even a few days of your good practices. Because you will miss , you will fail, and you won’t be consistent. Life is impermanent so of course we cannot escape inconsistency. 

The kinder you are to yourself, the easier it will be to be diligent. Procrastination and inconsistency have been a MAJOR issue for me. I procrastinated so much that I would meditate ONCE IN A WHILE. I still struggle with it, but a lot less. As we progress, we become less rigid with everything. What I learnt is beating myself up for it doesn’t help, in contrary, it makes my life more miserable. I just have to accept that it happens and I have to be PATIENT, extremely PATIENT with the progress.

its a long journey but knowing what you wanna achieve in your lifetime is crucial. Have the big picture and try your best to make all of your actions toward that instead of being disciplined in every practice you do.

:) 

Edited by lostmedstudent