Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wind

Would A Child Raised By An Enlightened Parents, Be Enlightened?

5 posts in this topic

Just randomly thought about it and decided that I will create a topic for discussion. So, if a child was raised by enlightened parents, let's say somewhere in a village by monks, and they told him to meditate everyday, would he grow up and be enlightened by the time he's 10 or 20? Would it be easer for a child to become enlightened than it is for an adult who's ego is already reduced by experiences? If he was raised in a higher-vibration environment where all he know is peace, how would he react to a pain for the first time, if he went to western world for example? Would he snapped out of the enlightened state? What are your opinions?

14 minutes ago, Wind said:

Just randomly thought about it and decided that I will create a topic for discussion. So, if a child was raised by enlightened parents, let's say somewhere in a village by monks, and they told him to meditate everyday, would he grow up and be enlightened by the time he's 10 or 20? Would it be easer for a child to become enlightened than it is for an adult who's ego is already reduced by experiences? If he was raised in a higher-vibration environment where all he know is peace, how would he react to a pain for the first time, if he went to western world for example? Would he snapped out of the enlightened state? What are your opinions?

It would depend on the mindstream of the child, but it is possible that they would get enlightened quicker if they grew up with an enlightened parent(s). 

Rahula, the son of Siddhārtha Gautama(the Buddha) became enlightened.  

But this is kind of a conjecture, I don't think anyone can say (Yes, or No) for sure. ;)

Edited by SkyPanther

yes they would be. the phrase "is there a DOCTORINE the house" springs to NO MIND

8 hours ago, Wind said:

Would it be easer for a child to become enlightened than it is for an adult who's ego is already reduced by experiences?

I once read up on how our ego develops and it seems to be the case that everyone undertakes the road of being an undeveloped ego when you are born - kinda like a blank slate, then learning and building up your own ego and then .. for most societies it stops there because then you are about 20-30 years of age and "grown-up".

If you were raised by enlightened parents I'd say that you still undergo this process because it is how you function but it would be kind of natural to go from the ego state into the transcended state at some point, just as you go from the undeveloped state to the ego state. I would probably take less work than we have to go through.

However, I'd say that the society would also play an important role. If you grow up these days and your parents are enlightened, chances are you see them as freaks and build a strong will against that kind of thing and use your time for playing videos games and smoking weed.

But yeah, definitely easier to accomplish if ones wants to. :D

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Arik enlightened parents would not have their children educated by the state. you wanna see enlightenment, go to a country without Schooling and see it for yourself.