Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jordan94

Danger/Harm of long lotus sittings ?

4 posts in this topic

I'm not sure exactly but I think I saw once somewhere some words that the lotus position could be harmfull long term if done too much or something like that

I don't remember exactly where it was, and if it's bullshit or not, so is it ?
Like would it be harmfull for example to sit daily a 1 hour sitting meditation in lotus without changing posture ?

@Jordan94

Try this posture when you meditate

woman-sitting-in-squat-profile.jpg

This posture will engage your knee chakras, and allow better energy flow up the back to your brain. One way to hold Meditation if done properly is a proccess of purification of energy flow. I have personally been using this position for a few months now and it has wonderful benefits. I highly recommend for anyone reading to seriously consider using this posture instead. It will be hard at first if you haven't been in this position much, but after some time, your legs will strengthen and you will be able to stay in this position for longer & longer. Also keep your hands together like in the picture. This helps energy flow into both sides of the brain creating equilibrium. I hope this helps. 

22 hours ago, John Lula said:

Take a look at Ramana Maharsis last years videos, and you'll see his knees aren't working properly.

He was also quite old no ? lol

For now if I do it also I don't feel pain in the knees but quite a lot in my ankle of the leg that's above, I don't know if that's normal