Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EternalForest

Having intense bouts of nostalgia

2 posts in this topic

Every few weeks I get these intense bouts of nostalgia thinking about all the people in my life, the memories I've made with them, all the things I've done, all my regrets, all my proudest moments, how things have changed, and what I'll do when they are gone. I think about the times I've had with them and how irreplaceable those times are, but its not your typical/normal type of nostalgia. In these moments I am almost brought to tears by eras gone by and feel so grateful to have been a part of them and have this feeling that no one else around me can understand the depth of what I am feeling. It's this sort of warm, deep feeling for the people and memories that is impossible to put into words. I'm not feeling this right now, so I thought it would be a good time to be objective about it and discuss it.

There is also sometimes an even more intense element to it, where I feel as though I took it all for granted and want to just live it all again, and the fact that I can't sometimes brings me to tears of sadness. It's an era that will never come back and I'll never truly relive it the same way again, and nothing since can or will ever replace it.

Edited by EternalForest