CreamCat

You are vulnerable, but don't open yourself up to dangers.

6 posts in this topic

• Don't dabble with investments. Do it properly without expecting too much.
  • Don't dabble with psychedelics. If you do, they will bite you in the ass.
  • Don't approach marriage without preparations. It is a dangerous contract with dangerous consequences. You may want to sign a few more legally binding contracts for safety when you marry.
    • Personally, there is little incentive for me to engage in romantic relationships and marry. So, I may as well not think about it at all. I don't want to burn myself by dabbling with it.
  • Don't dabble with guns.
    • Just buy a pepper spray can for self defense if you are not ready to handle guns.
    • A pepper spray can and fast legs are sufficient for most situations. Or, don't put yourself in a dangerous situation in the first place.
    • You want to use minimal force for self defense. Too much power(e.g. gun) can backfire.
  • Don't dabble with relationships. Don't play games with relationships.
  • Don't play games with your life in general. You don't have much time. Stop wasting your time.
Edited by CreamCat

• Don't tell people what to do with their life as if you have all the answers
  • Don't take life so seriously
  • Don't take me so seriously
  • Don't take Actualized.org so seriously
  • Don't take yourself so seriously

Do ya think the most successful fulfilled people you see followed a straight edge safe sanitized path through life, or they did drugs, had flings, shot guns, lost money, fell in love, wasted time, and dabbled, dabbled, dabbled to figure it all out for themselves?

@XYZ Not the kind of advices I expected from someone who advocated closing off national borders.

There are some dangerous things that shouldn't be taken lightly. Like guns and day trading.

"Do something dangerous, now!" is a bad advice for guns. Also, you shouldn't put yourself in an intense gun fight for the sake of growing up. You could easily end up dying.

If you want to take risks in some important areas, you don't want to take unnecessary risks in other areas. For example, when you are trying to making ends meet as an entrepreneur, you're already taking a lot of risk, so you don't want to gamble your money away through day trading or gambling.

Edited by CreamCat

Not my advice for people to take Elliot literally, just showing a counterexample. Neither extreme would for myself I know, if I just lived dangerously I would very quickly end up dead, in prison or mental ward. If I stopped dabbling in anything, afraid to experiment & make mistakes, would lead to a dull boring milktoast workaday existence. No one is my guru, have to pull from a variety of sources, keep talking to people, never stop learning, and chart my own journey.

I would say though everyone should learn about firearm mechanics and safety. They used to teach you that stuff as a kid, now the popular narrative is ignorance, no one bothers to learn about them if they feel that guns are bad and we need to get rid of them. Urban liberals would benefit from going to the gun range once in a while and overcoming their fear of it by using dangerous weapons in a safe environment. The other extreme would be someone who is so fearful they think they need to be armed all the time otherwise people will hurt them or rob them.

It's super relative what is a necessary risk, or unnecessary. The more you risk the more you have to lose, the less you risk the more opportunities you miss out on.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.