NoSelfSelf

How can you improve yourself?

26 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@ajasatya can you explain whats computational power simple stupid?

we can observe the behavior of a neuron but we can't observe the behavior of thousands of thousands of thousands of them.

we've completely mapped the brain of an extremely simple worm (link). think of 'computational power' in the sentence that i said on the previous post as the capacity to observe and map the behavior of a certain nervous system.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@ajasatya but you need technology to do that what good it is when i cant use it in direct experience

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 minute ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@ajasatya but you need technology to do that what good it is when i cant use it in direct experience

of course you can use in direct experience. how did you learn to read?

unborn Truth

@ajasatya i was working on it until i could read i wasnt observing my neurons and connecting them :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Just now, NoSelfSelf said:

@ajasatya i was working on it until i could read i wasnt observing my neurons and connecting them :)

those things are "done for you" the same way that the sun rises and the flowers blossom. you can watch a wound heal your pupil contract and relax on a mirror.

you can't see a star blow up nor atoms collide. our level of zoom in and zoom out are limited.

unborn Truth

I've been into self-development (I don't like the term self-improvement) work for about 5 years. What I noticed in myself is that I am less shy, less obsessed, more skilled, more responsible, more kind to myself, and have more insight into my own mechanics than when I started. What I did it was read good books (slowly), went into therapy, found a spiritual teacher, and started putting what I learned into into practice. I made a lot of mistakes but that's really how I learned.