Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chives99

Your emotional reactions are grounded in beliefs

2 posts in this topic

I've tested this out vigorously in my daily  life  and discovered that I react a certain way because I BELIEVE that it has a benefit for me, me being the egoic self. If i feel sad because someone made fun of me or i was rejected, i honestly believe that feeling sad as an emotional response helped me because it would push me to learn and not have that occur again. Of course this belief is bullshit because there are a million different reason why you were rejected, maybe you just weren't their type. Feeling sad though literally does nothing but push you back into your shell and not try other approaches with other people as you construct an identity that your hopeless and unloveable. As the saying goes "no point crying over spilt milk".

When people judge you, they are creating separation from you so that they feel distinct from you, taking it personally as you believe what ever they say and getting upset cements your belief of being a certain way. You won't allow yourself to consider that they may be wrong because then you don't know who you are anymore. Taking feedback is fine, but as soon as you make it personal its all ego and beliefs.

Fearing something that will happen in the future, you don't know whats going to happen its all beliefs. I'm not talking about your survival instinct and enlightenment person doesn't need beliefs to not step out in front of a bus. Survival instinct is innate.

Can you allow yourself to not know who you are, only then can you be open to truth of who you are

Edited by Chives99
h

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

Not only Beliefs. Also genuine "higher self" will summon an arsenal of emotion reactions to counteract the blockages, bindings and fixed patterns. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.