kieranperez

"The Anarchist Community", Leo's Blog Post on The Epitome of Green

1 post in this topic

It's funny to me because I was watching a whole Vice video basically about the people I called my friends in the San Francisco Bay Area Rave Scene but in the context of a nature community in Canada. To me, yeah these people have their problems, but they're definitely more evolved than Orange. This whole video, now knowing things like Spiral Dynamics and having learned more about consciousness work, enlightenment, personal development, and just life in general since having left the Bay Area Rave Scene in the last couple years, really makes me look back with a giggle about how when I started going to these underground raves with these people I resisted these people in the beginning. Granted, this stage does have it's limitations and I think one of the hardest parts about my development of Green was that I would be with all these Green people in this Green environment (going to illegal venues for warehouse parties, camping out through weird obscure map points in the middle of nowhere where you literally needed coordinates to get to the party and then camp out for a weekend, and so forth) and then after dancing my face off from 8PM-8AM (totally sober and clean by the way) I would go back home to my Stage Orange/Blue house (what @Leo Gura accurately calls secular moralism in his Stage Orange video) and my stage Orange interests of pursuing athletics and being all dogmatic over atheism and debating and all that nonsense. The rave scene really is just a party oriented version of this entire community depicted in this Vice video. We all know about the excesses of Green and that was why I had to stop partying with these people because it just became a place where we really couldn't be honest and actually authentic but I do feel that this is a very necessary stage. I think what a lot of Green people don't realize is how much they operate from a place of lack and utter insecurity. This "dose" of Green, as weird and contradicting as it may sound, is empowered from a sense of disempowerment. A lot of these people form these kinds of groups, communes, etc. because they never felt accepted by the society they grew up in which is why this heavy level of Green emphasizes feelings so much. They just want to be heard and be allowed to speak and not be lectured and moralized to and that was actually a very big part I got out of the rave scene. I could vent my frustrations in feelings that I closed in for long and so deeply. Heavy Green can really provide a space where you can let all of this out. If you've ever been to a rave you know what I'm talking about. Being able to let out all you feel onto a dance floor with a dozens, hundreds, or thousands of other people who aren't judging you for the way you express yourself and they actually encourage and embrace you. I was one of those guys who "went hard all night" in the sense that I literally danced with as much emotional expression as I could and people told me all the time (pretty much every event I went to) that they felt me. The problem though with this kinda heavy Green though when it forms communities is that this compassion, mutual acceptance and respect becomes this interesting "unspoken moralism". You can feel that other that a lot of these people do this from a sense of how they're supposed to be compassionate and be accepting of all. You can sense in the inauthenticity which is why real unconditional love isn't able to flourish in these kind of communities becomes all this stuff comes from a sense of lack so you end up acting out all this out rather than it coming from true authentic motives. Also there's a lot of projections and strong shadows in this kind of heavy Green. Nonetheless, Green is superior to Orange and Blue. People at this level if you're at say a party aren't trying to out posture each other like if you go to some Stage Orange party where it just becomes men trying to act out other men and women outdo other women. 

If you're really head centered and very logic and rationally motivated (or at least believe yourself to be so ;) ) and you live in the United States, I highly suggest you go to a few raves or some burner events or campouts. Exposing yourself to these people will allow them to allow you to finally express yourself in ways you may be too proud yet insecure to admit you're afraid to express. You can't really embrace other humans lovingly without going through Green. 

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

Stage Green (permitted and legal) Rave - btw that’s me when I was like 17 back in 2012 @ 1:50 xD LOL (I cringe looking back)

Some of you Orange people, prepare to get triggered by Green parties ;)  

Edited by kieranperez