Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aakash

The scriptures of an absolute

2 posts in this topic

IF a scripture must be understood in its rawest form, then a translation does not do it just. I wonder how YOU managed to read all the scriptures from the bible, to the bhagavat gita and the quaran correctly, without the translation into english. Having said that, it is the question i am proposing as I am also in the same position. Do i read english or learn the language of the ancients to directly read the original texts ? 

I don't know with other scriptures, but arabic is the hardest language. I can only read but couldn't really understand the language. Translations are fine with me. Both english translation and my language, it is easily understood. Maybe it is just me though, because others can learn it fine~

I have read some part of the bible. NKJV & English standard version. Also in simple english. 

Don't get me wrong, I became interested because it was mentioned in the Quran. So I'm curious to know since God had mentioned about previous scriptures. Torah , Injil & Zabur. Apart from others too which is unknown.

Edited by Angelite