CreamCat

Here's how I'm going to make clear goals for the next 10 years.

4 posts in this topic

I am going to create clear goals for the next 1 year, the next 3 years, the next 5 years, and the next 10 years with specific results that I want.

In each year, I will make a yearly plan which I divide into quarterly plans. In each quarter, I divide a quarterly plan into 6-week plans. Each week, I make a weekly plan to make progress in my 6-week plan. Everyday, I will make a daily plan to make progress in my weekly plan.

I already make daily plans and weekly plans. I also had experiences with 6-week plans. I just need to scale it upward.

Without such a clear long-term plan, I'm probably going to allow a wide space for various subtle self-deceptive forms of procrastination to take over my schedule and not know that I'm procrastinating. Perfectionism is a great example of a self-deceptive form of procrastination.

In the past, I wasted months of my time by allowing things like perfectionism and revenge to take over my life.

I'm probably going to miss the mark because I can't predict the future with 100% precision and accuracy. That's why I need to revise the plans from time to time.

Edited by CreamCat

Great! Perfectionism was also my big enemy. I am trying to eliminate it as much as I can. I saw a Grant cardone video, when he talkshow he manage to do so much in a day, what other people can´t do in a week.

He said, he just do stuff. He never tell his co-workers that something has to be perfect. He just said that it needs to be done as soon as it can. 

I love the idea. I plan out 1 year in advance but I haven't reached your level yet.

Get the #1 Productivity Hack for 2019 (That no one knows about) Get it Here!

2 hours ago, John Lula said:

@CreamCat How is the 5 and 10 year goals going?

I ditched them. I just follow my intuition and my long-term vision.