Veggies

U Gon <3 Me

21 posts in this topic

Thank Me Later          Thread

• What types of harm do you do to yourself on a constant basis that you wish, e.g., an accountability partner would help you out of?
  • In this topic, you'll tell us and we'll help you out! Hate us today, love us tomorrow. That's how we roll.
  • Please tell us about your bad habits and fixations first. :x
Edited by Veggies make me fart

Excellence is the same as habit. When you constantly do something, you might become excellent at it. -Aristotle

I still have the very common problem of not doing work I don't want to do xD

1 hour ago, Neill said:

I still have the very common problem of not doing work I don't want to do xD

Umm I don't think anyone dreams of work they hate but I got your point, sir!

1. What kind of work do you have now?
  2.  The type of work that you wouldn't dislike
Edited by Veggies make me fart

Excellence is the same as habit. When you constantly do something, you might become excellent at it. -Aristotle

8 minutes ago, Veggies make me fart said:

I don't think anyone dreams of work they hate, haha. (I got your point.)

What kind of work? 

Basically the type of work that you're doing for no other purpose than income. I was also a terrible student and dropped out of school because I saw the work as pointless and couldn't bring myself to focus enough on it.

1 hour ago, Neill said:

Where was your attention during school time? 9_9

Basically the type of work that you're doing for no other purpose than income. I was also a terrible student and dropped out of school because I saw the work as pointless and couldn't bring myself to focus enough on it.

I have difficulties to stop smoking pot, eating junk food, distracting myself on the internet, staying in my room.

And I want to do more meditation, exercise and creative projects.

1 hour ago, Vegas makes me fart said:

Where was your attention during school time?

Does it matter? That time has come and gone xD

13 minutes ago, Philip said:

I have difficulties to stop smoking pot, eating junk food, distracting myself on the internet, staying in my room.

And I want to do more meditation, exercise and creative projects.

This is basically what I'm working on. More focus on creativity and less dawdling around.

Neill, you may be too evolved to enjoy working for a capitalist who makes piles of money not doing the work they hate to do - your job! You may be too evolved to be enthusiastic about being forced into a manipulative institution that is designed to make you feel stupid, and get used to working mindlessly in capitalist industry - right class, school. I suggest you feel lucky that you can feel something other than sheepish willingness and be your own boss, thats right- dont work for other people, invent your own reality -I know you want to :)

Philip lets try using your weaknesses as strengths, all we have to do is organize them differently. Try this out - First put on shoes  and sports clothes and go outside, second smoke bowl, third run to park and rip around the track for half an hour, fourth buy bannanas and junk food to snack on after the inspiring run, fifth go home and draw up plans for creative projects before the weed wears off, sixth do all of this in a meditative state and your good to go.  

Edited by Kevin Dunlop

4 hours ago, Neill said:

This is basically what I'm working on. More focus on creativity and less dawdling around.

If you want FL Studio advice, just ask ;)

Finding our favorite meditation routine and sticking to it is the most productive technique I can think of for our problem.

I don't think I need to go into the details of why I think so. Meditation is pretty powerful for all domains of life.

I'm able to do 90 minutes of strong determination sitting. If I did it everyday, I would be another human being entirely.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

If you want FL Studio advice, just ask ;)

I've been playing around with Renoise. Do you do a lot of music production?

Finding our favorite meditation routine and sticking to it is the most productive technique I can think of for our problem.

I don't think I need to go into the details of why I think so. Meditation is pretty powerful for all domains of life.

Completely agree.

I'm able to do 90 minutes of strong determination sitting. If I did it everyday, I would be another human being entirely.

I think I'm getting close! Was able to do 70 minutes yesterday. Getting closer to that ideal 90 minutes. Once I'm there I don't imagine it'll be that much of a stretch to fit it in most days. Looking forward to it. :)

Edited by Neill

1. what do you do in this meditation.

2. what is the purpose of your meditation

3. what are you getting out of your meditation

17 minutes ago, Neill said:

Do you do a lot of music production?

I released 7 songs in a year, got 1300 followers, and then stopped and focused on self-help two years ago.

soundcloud.com/thinkthinkorthink/rippledgelatin

23 minutes ago, Neill said:

Was able to do 70 minutes yesterday. Getting closer to that ideal 90 minutes. Once I'm there I don't imagine it'll be that much of a stretch to fit it in most days. Looking forward to it. :)

Ok you're in the momentum of your routine right now. Nice! I stopped being consistent in my routine a few months ago and I can't seem to be able to get back on track. Even if I feel like I'm on the verge of something great these days, it seems like I'm missing a spark to light my purpose on fire.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I released 7 songs in a year, got 1300 followers, and then stopped and focused on self-help two years ago.

soundcloud.com/thinkthinkorthink/rippledgelatin

Nice work! I'll message you when I start producing my own tracks (won't be for awhile, but something I really want to get started on as soon as I'm able).

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I stopped being consistent in my routine a few months ago and I can't seem to be able to get back on track. Even if I feel like I'm on the verge of something great these days, it seems like I'm missing a spark to light my purpose on fire.

I haven't been meditating for that long (only been a few weeks since I've established it as a daily habit) so we'll see how things progress, but I know what you mean. Motivation is a very fickle thing when we feel lost or when the benefits aren't immediately obvious in our lives. When I'm in these situations, instead of getting stuck and trying to force some result out, I've been starting to take Leo's advice that I just need more life experience. Change up the routine, make new friends, discuss new ideas, visit new places, take up new hobbies, join new meetups and communities.. basically do what you can to put yourself in new creative and inspirational environments- ones that will be conducive towards revitalizing your motivation and passion in place of the opposite.

Edited by Neill

11 hours ago, Neill said:

Nice work! I'll message you when I start producing my own tracks (won't be for awhile, but something I really want to get started on as soon as I'm able).

I haven't been meditating for that long (only been a few weeks since I've established it as a daily habit) so we'll see how things progress, but I know what you mean. Motivation is a very fickle thing when we feel lost or when the benefits aren't immediately obvious in our lives. When I'm in these situations, instead of getting stuck and trying to force some result out, I've been starting to take Leo's advice that I just need more life experience. Change up the routine, make new friends, discuss new ideas, visit new places, take up new hobbies, join new meetups and communities.. basically do what you can to put yourself in new creative and inspirational environments- ones that will be conducive towards revitalizing your motivation and passion in place of the opposite.

I'm sure Leo's advice is on place. How many hours do you rack up per week?

2 hours ago, Vegas makes me fart said:

I'm sure Leo's advice is on place. How many hours do you rack up per week?

I suppose it's been between 4 and 8 these past few weeks.

1 hour ago, Neill said:

I suppose it's been between 4 and 8 these past few weeks.

Could you pinch your work hours in half and start exorcising more in gym instead?

1 hour ago, Neill said:

Not right now.

I do have a morning workout routine: reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

Chimpressive.

Wellll you could begin by asking your boss if he/she accepts you doing job-crafting. It's customizing your workplace according to your wishes.

Just now, Vegas makes me fart said:

Chimpressive.

Wellll you could begin by asking your boss if he/she accepts you doing job-crafting. It's customizing your workplace according to your wishes.

I work from home :P

1 hour ago, Neill said:

I work from home :P

You could tell your boss outright while you're eating together that you don't like your work but you need money still. They may come up with something. Say them that you still appreciate the work.