Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John West

Practice things like patience, self-love, happiness etc.

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I often find myself stuck inside of a cycle. For example: I hear someone saying: "You won't be happy if you search for happiness". But I don't really know how to apply it, because if I try not to search for happiness, then my motivation behind that is to find happiness. And if I would try to stop having that motivation, it would basically come from the same motivation. And this is basically an endless cycle. I really dont get it how to break out of this. Are there practices you would recommend? I find myself often stuck inside of these cycles, for example in a negotiation, where you are better of, when you dont need to win, but doing so comes from a need for winning if you understand what I mean. Thanks

That advise that if you want to be happy then lower your expectations, lower your desire, stop all desires is pathetic. It's impossible to do. As you said it comes from the same motivation to be happy.

If you want to feel happy you need a proper technology to do so. If you want your body to be happy and healthy. Do exercises. If you want your mind to be peaceful and joyful. Do some balancing practices, like yoga. If you want your entire chemistry be blissful. Do some kriya yoga.

See every emotion is some kind of chemistry. Joy is one kind of chemistry, love is another kind of chemistry, depression or anger or anxiety is another kind of chemistry. You just need a proper technology to create the chemistry of blissfulness everyday. And you'll be happy.