Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

Part and Whole Duality

8 posts in this topic

So... part is contained within the whole - simple and logical.

But what exactly does it mean that the whole is contained in the part?

"Copies" or the actual whole of everything is contained within it's much much smaller parts? What exactly does that imply/mean?

Is that just simply the fractal structure of reality? in some fractals, almost identical top layer of whole can be found when zoomed in and seen as well...

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Something to do with strange loops I think :P Leo has also mentioned somewhere that "reality" can be seen as a hologram (only metaphorically).

Holograms contain the whole in a part. But I think your question cannot be really answered. The answer you already just gave. The whole is contained in a part. But the experience is what matters in this case

@Sven hmmmm. yes. this unreachable, unattainable, always here yet so far EXPERIENCE...

also, i guess I am looking for a metaphorical/intellectual answer to this 

what does it mean for a hologram then to contain the whole in a part? could you explain that?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Oof. I read "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot on this. Have to say, this was a while ago. And back then I didn't take notes out of the books I read. I don't really remember anything out of the book o.O It did explain this stuff though. Mostly from a scientific standpoint, however.

Can't provide any help any further than this I'm afraid

Edited by Sven
typo

@SoonHei Go to the ocean and ponder where the movement of each wave has its origin. Observe a leaf blowing in the wind and ask where to divide leaf from wind. Start at any part and keep inquiring about its essence and you'll eventually end up at the whole. 

@SoonHei

Simply said the whole is implied in the whole, for it to exist, the whole must exist - in other words, all is interconnected. Like our friend mentioned above, the contemplation of the source of each part leads to the whole.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski