Matt8800

Accept Climate Change

27 posts in this topic

We could launch a satelitesystem that collects carbon from the atmosphere. Then drops it down to earth in a solid form. Powered by solarpanels, drones and a lot of batteries. This would reverese the damages and could be relevant in 10-15 years or so. I think we just need to make the world more green (SD) and start solving problems as a community. Until then we just need to slow down the CC to prevent the ocean rising. I think the biggest issue we are facing is AI.   

3 hours ago, DrewNows said:

Dude we can individually prevent pregnancy and still mate 

Anyhow it’s all relative/subjective. I don’t give a shit what truth you’re pointing at...you have your opinion about what will happen and it’s not Truth 

We can but we wont. If you are in doubt, go to your nearest Walmart and think of what you can say to get the people that you see that clearly cannot afford to have children to stop breeding. 

You are living in a world of shoulds rather than the world as it is.

Everybody could meditate but they wont. Everybody could eat healthy, exercise and be at an optimal weight but they wont......and so on, and so on...

Edited by Matt8800

2 hours ago, Andreas said:

We could launch a satelitesystem that collects carbon from the atmosphere. Then drops it down to earth in a solid form. Powered by solarpanels, drones and a lot of batteries. This would reverese the damages and could be relevant in 10-15 years or so. I think we just need to make the world more green (SD) and start solving problems as a community. Until then we just need to slow down the CC to prevent the ocean rising. I think the biggest issue we are facing is AI.   

There are many temporary solutions. What they all do is keep the environment such that people can keep breeding. Eventually, there simply wont be enough resources. Whether we run out of resources at 10 billion, 20 billion, 50 billion, etc, its irrelevant in the end because something will snap eventually.

14 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

We can but we wont. If you are in doubt, go to your nearest Walmart and think of what you can say to get the people that you see that clearly cannot afford to have children to stop breeding. 

You are living in a world of shoulds rather than the world as it is.

Everybody could meditate but they wont. Everybody could eat healthy, exercise and be at an optimal weight but they wont......and so on, and so on...

you have not shown me any data for an increase in births, anyhow i don't care. CO2 is the cause. 

If you want to change the world...change yourself, it's that simple...no use worrying about the uncontrollables 

ill tell you what everyone should do...they should suffer until they are ready to change. people are suffering and change happening whether we believe it or not 

cheers mate 

2 hours ago, DrewNows said:

you have not shown me any data for an increase in births, anyhow i don't care. CO2 is the cause. 

I thought I did provide a graph but in case not, here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_growth

Yes, CO2 causes heat retention in the atmosphere. It is caused by burning carbon fuels. Humans have been burning carbon fuel since fire was first discovered. It wasnt previously a problem because there wasnt enough humans to create a problem. 

We will eventually move away from carbon fuels but many scientists agree it is too late to avoid catastrophic changes. Regardless, how would we feed a population that grows indefinitely?

I am not being a pessimist. I just see it as the process of evolution doing its thing and will lead to something that grows in beauty and complexity. People get attached to the idea of humans existing forever as a species but humans will eventually become the new Homo Erectus. There is nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800thanks yeah some areas will be greatly impacted by overpopulation. We will move to renewables and technological efficiency will be huge. It’s pointless to speculate what is to come as you can’t predict the technology advancements.