Leo Kaminski

Spiral Dynamics Development / Growth

3 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I had this question coming up from the last episode about the implementations etc. about Spiral Dynamics.

Again this was a very eye opening episode as always and I am very open to what you said. However I wanted to ask for some clarification about the growing process in the spirals. 

Through your channel as well as my iPEC Coaching Certification and through the teachings of other sources, I notice myself being surprisingly open to all the stages above me which I consider to be Green, Yellow and Turquoise. So I definitely have some judgements and feelings of resistance against some parts of some stages, which is a great indicator of what I am missing at those stages. So to get to my question.

You mentioned again the example of the growing process in spirals. Especially the one from Orange into Green, which I consider is next for me. As I observed my own growing in stages, I noticed an interesting phenomenon which I guess is coming with studying Spiral Dynamics. As I am learning I notice myself to learn more from a kind of Yellow Perspective in most cases. What I mean by this is that I am not particularly going for Orange or Green topics to learn and do my research, but that I am taking on a more Yellow approach (at least I assume it to be Yellow). I am studying varies topics in Personal Development, History, Biology and so on and on. So if I evaluate my researching and learning behavior I consider it to be kind of more Yellow than any other stage. This does obviously not mean that I am in Yellow, but what I feel is kind of happening is that after studying those varies topics I come out with a more Yellow perspective in those feels. This can be very specific fields in which I then gain a kind of wholistic understanding. Besides my learning, I am preparing my self for my first psychedelic experience in January or February next year which is more of an green move of mine. At the same time I am building my business which is more of an orange action.

So my particular question is: 

Does the growing process in Spirals inevitably always happen from one stage fully to another stage fully and then again to the next stage fully? Because what I notice is that it goes more in a way that some parts of my growing kind of skip the green phase a little bit or at least not fully pass through it. It is nothing I try to avoid, but something that just happened. It's not consciously chosen.

An Example is Global Warming or other environmental struggles of our society. I remember myself getting triggered about them when I wasn't even doing personal development, but as I am studying this stuff for a little time, I struggle being seriously triggered about those topics, since I see the system and what has to happen. Also thanks to your channel. So it feels as if I were kind of a little bit in green back in my past (in this topic), but that I never fully went through it. So that I now see kind of the bigger picture, which makes it tough to seriously be triggered. 

So this might be not a good ask question, but I guess not just me but several others would be super interested into some more clarification process! 

So much love & gratitude for the work you do and the compassion you have when sharing the content with us! 

Leo

@Leo Kaminski Spirals? Like internets? Lol

Now to answer seriously:

As the recent episode explained:

1. Lines of development
  2. Center of gravity

When you take those two points into account you can see how you might feel higher in some areas and lower in others.

Sounds like cognitively you are more towards Yellow because you are very openminded. This is great.

But in other lines you proabably still need lots of work.

I was highly Yellow cognitively even in my late teens, but grossly underdeveloped in almost all other lines, and even my cognitive Yellow was weak compared to where it is now.

There can be a big difference between just skimming on the surface of Yellow vs having a solid castle built on Yellow.

What few people appreciate is the enormous depth there is to explore at each stage. There is so much to Orange, Green, and Yellow that you could study and practice each one for a decade each and still no know it all.

Not that you should strive to know it all. Don't become a perfectionist about it. Work on those parts of yourself which give the biggest return on investment. As you develop enough in one color you will stat to see diminishing returns until finally you're just over that stage.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.