Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omni

Did I See A Piece of Maya?

3 posts in this topic

I began falling into blackness as an emptiness or void but still as an entity with perspective. What I saw was hardly discernible. It was what I understood about this thing that came to life. I understood that it was a maze - and this complex maze was evolving. It was shifting and rearranging itself like a polymorphic labyrinth. But spatial limitation was hardly the issue, it was much more intricate than that. Something more like an organism that wasn't just randomly organizing itself, it was more of a reflection of me - or rather the easiest to interpret as me - Tangibility seemed instantly impermanent, all of it was quickly changing and it did not discriminate shape - then suddenly I was back to taking a shower.

How do I know whether or not much of this is simply just a model constructed out of ideas to fit my bias, furthermore how can we accept any 'answer/insight' we find inside ourselves doing personal development work as a truth, wouldn't that always leave a blind spot for the ego?

Maya is everything you see around you. Maya is the entire phenomenal world. Especially as it is seen by the dualistic, materialistic, survival paradigm.

To make sure you aren't deluding yourself with mystical insights you gotta study and read a lot of different perspectives and cross reference the best sources.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Omni said:

How do I know whether or not much of this is simply just a model constructed out of ideas to fit my bias, ...?

Of course your model is merely ideas. These ideas have been nutured by experiences and brought forth by experiences. Experiences of hearing sounds, seeing forms which were empty of inherent meaning but to which your mind imputed meaning according to its accummulated biases.
Nevertheless biased ideas can be helpful if seen as insinuations of the guru. They can be harmful if misunderstood as truths.

1 hour ago, Omni said:

... furthermore how can we accept any 'answer/insight' we find inside ourselves doing personal development work as a truth, wouldn't that always leave a blind spot for the ego?

There are no truths. Seeing the truthlessness of all appearances and ideas is seeing through the eyes of the guru.

Edited by ground

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.