Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cena655

Increased Anxiety After Meditation

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

I've been doing the so called "Inner Sound Meditation" technique by Sandeep Maheshwari for a month now. 

At first, I got great results. I felt present for the first 2 weeks. I was full of happiness, full of energy and my concentration powers had rapidly increased. One thing I noticed was that I had nightmares for the first 2 weeks.

And now after a month, I feel very anxious every day. I get sweaty palmes and think a lot what others might think of me. 

Maybe it is just a proccess of the meditation, just like the nightmares 2 weeks ago? Can somebody relate to those experiences?

@cena655 Meditation can dig up old past unresolved issues.   Nightmares or just nice dreams are both part of the subconscious mind play. There can also be increased awareness in sleep too. Nothing uncommon here. The next time you have a nightmare bring mindful awareness on scene. Say to yourself, "I'm dreaming this".  It's your dream. why not have some fun with it?

@cena655 Can you descripe briefly what you do in "inner sound meditation" ?

Concerning the nightmares it could be that a) you have them usually but havent noticed until now or b) the medi acutally released some semi-conscious negative contents. You should write down the nightmares, and think about what topics of your life they relate to, turing them in something usefull to grow on.

Also if the overall negative experiences get to strong just stop for a while , intergrate all the new things first and then go on with meditation. Maybe there is just too much "dirt" released at once for the psyche to deal with it.