youngshinzen

Afraid of studying

3 posts in this topic

Currently I'm writing my thesis for my logistics course and my heart closes after 2 hours of reading and I have to stop. It's not the typical stress or anxiety, it's just that my emotions and intuition depress instead of express. I try to relax the upper body and take breaks but it doesn't really help and I'd much rather have a sense of expansion while working on it. 

What holds me back is that the topic is "material". It's probably the best topic I can get (e-mobility for parcel services, so green and useful) but it doesn't touch me, because I don't see an emotional impact on others, but I want to finish this so I might aswell try to flip my view on it. I tried to contemplate how a better city image and better air will effect emotions, but that doesn't solve it for me either.

Any tips on how I can study this topic with more passion?

Edited by youngshinzen

I resonate with your problem, nicely expressed.

I don't really know how to change attitudes towards studying a subject, but my experience is that it really helps if someone else is interested in the work you do. Is your supervisor interested, can you meet him more often? Do you have a friend or classmate with the same interest who would be willing to discuss what you've read? Just an idea.

ask yourself: "How will completing this thesis get me closer to my ultimate goal in life?"  whatever that is for you. Sometimes we need to cut through a lot of crap to get into something more meaningful and the uni is probably the best example. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus