Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tsuki

What am I?

713 posts in this topic

@tsuki that’s not the right way to sharpen a knife!!!

guess you know that - is it even into the wrong direction? ? poor knife.

after reaching that level it’s usually lost.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever You would be surprised. Have you ever sharpened a knife on a whetstone?
I think I'm getting disturbed ❤️.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki yes and i wouldn’t do it that way...

i learned it like this:

think it’s ok to not do the whole blade in one go, but then it’s more for the front if you want to still have a gradual sharpness. it also depends on the form of the blade, santoku is round, therefore it’s better to go in a bow.

gradual sharpness like this guy is doing it:

for beginners to not mess the blade up, sharpening the whole blade in a bow - is the safer method.

Edited by now is forever

19 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@tsuki yes and i wouldn’t do it that way...

Oh, now I get it. In the original gif the person is pressing on the blade and it seems like he is doing during the 'away' motion.
He may be doing it during the 'towards' motion as well. There is a technique when you simply vary the pressure and use both motions to sharpen the blade.

But enough with distractions!
Do you want to continue the knife talk in your journal?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki sorry!!!

No problem.

I just went to the workshop and a big piece of metal fell on the floor, making a huge noise.
Like usual, I instantaneously tensed up on the inside 'in response' to the sudden sound.
This time however, It reminded me of pain. It was as if I felt the pain of the part that fell.

Like usual, I instantaneously tensed up on the inside 'in response' to the sudden sound.

I purposefully put the 'in response' in quotation marks, as I now perceive it as a short-circuit between the sound-space and emotion-space.
These sensations were not caused by each other, but inter-existed. They were simultaneous and intertwined.

Edited by tsuki

Let's have a taxonomy of senses:

• Vision
  • Touch
  • Hearing
  • Smell
  • Taste
  • Inner movement (= @now is forever's energy fields = emotions?)
  • Voice

These appear to be disjoint dimensions of my experience.
In reality however, they are not separate, as they intersect in short-circuiting.

It is strange that some of these seem to have inner and outer expressions. There is no inner and outer expression of touch. There seems to be a conflation between hearing and voice. Voice seems to be a special subset hearing.

Maybe I should classify inner movement as inner touch? Or rather: touch as the inability to move and have motion as a sense? I like that idea.
Let's redo the list:

• Vision
  • Movement
  • Hearing
  • Smell
  • Taste

Each of those have further inner and outer expressions in the social perspective.

Edited by tsuki

@tsuki why am i on the list???

it‘s not my energy fields - it’s basic chacra combination.

and there is:

• vision
  • hearing
  • smelling
  • tasting
  • haptic
  • what you call movement or motion = e-motion? and has nothing to do with what the e stands usually for 

are you doing this on purpose?

Edited by now is forever

16 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@tsuki why am i on the list???

You said that you know (my) inner movement as energy fields/emotions. I took notice of that here:

8 hours ago, now is forever said:

well you describe your feelings/energy fields very well,

That is why I put that name on the list.
Sorry if I'm disturbing you.

Edited by tsuki

@tsuki no i don’t know - i told you i know nothing it’s also just combining some observations.

you confuse me a little bit. 

2 hours ago, tsuki said:
  • Vision
  • Movement
  • Hearing
  • Smell
  • Taste

There is one missing element: nothing accounts for consistency. I'll have to look into that.
This is basically what I take myself to be. The possibility to recognize objects as present. 
There is no reason to think that it is 'my' property. Objects in the external world are consistent as well.

I'm not entirely sure that it is a sense yet.

31 minutes ago, now is forever said:

it‘s not my energy fields - it’s basic chacra combination.

and there is:

• vision
  • hearing
  • smelling
  • tasting
  • haptic
  • what you call movement or motion = e-motion? and has nothing to do with what the e stands usually for

I'm not going to argue taxonomies because they are basically lines drawn in the sand with a stick. There are no clear boundaries between senses and I think that it is irrelevant how we describe them.
For me, movement has in 'inner' and 'outer' component. Inner movement seems to be what you call 'basic chacra combination'.
For me, emotions always arise with the inner movement, so I'm suspecting that they are somehow connected.

Edited by tsuki

@tsuki either i don’t want to understand it or i‘m standing on the tube. maybe someone just pulled the plug and that’s why there is no light ? in the room.

3 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@tsuki either i don’t want to understand it or i‘m standing on the tube. maybe someone just pulled the plug and that’s why there is no light ? in the room.

Don't worry. I'm trying to make sense of what I'm experiencing and I may just be a weirdo ;).

@tsuki i‘m disrupting again... i‘ll stay out of it. everything is fine, i‘m the intruder here -_-

you are not a weirdo

I was wondering whether I should really classify smell and taste as separate senses.
They are conflated with respect to food. I cannot taste food that's not in my mouth(?), but I can smell it.
I can taste food without smell, but the experience of it is different.

I just ate an olive without breathing and it pinched my tongue.

I was also wondering how to account for the sense of temperature and had I clever idea.
The experience of something hot is pain, which is an inner movement that compels me to move away.
This inner-outer interaction seems like the experience of will.

• Sight
  • Hearing
  • Taste
  • Smell
  • Kinesthetic
  • Being

The last sense may seem controversial and it is related to intelligence and obviousness. I'll get into that later.

@tsuki can you try to find out about the different quality in a touch? it’s related to my first question here - if you want to understand that. there is something receiving and something giving to it. it is not just kinesthetik - and it is not just movement. you are missing something. you have been closer in the beginning.

if you want to use kinesthetic for all body movement you could also use synesthetic for all senses (touch excluded) 

so maybe it is just, that of all senses the sensitivity of skin/membrane (and this dependent on the body parts) is a whole other level than the others.

Edited by now is forever

10 hours ago, now is forever said:

@tsuki can you try to find out about the different quality in a touch? it’s related to my first question here - if you want to understand that. there is something receiving and something giving to it. it is not just kinesthetik - and it is not just movement. you are missing something. you have been closer in the beginning.

Well, the way I see it - if I focus solely on the kinesthetic sense, touch is when what I normally call movement of a body part changes into an inner movement (feeling).

For example, if I hit a wall with my fist with my eyes closed, first, I move and then there is the inner movement that I call pain.
Touch (with all the other senses excluded) is the moment where the outer movement becomes an inner movement.
In this example, pain is an unpleasant inner movement, but there are also pleasant ones - like when I touch my loved one.
Then, I am drawn to that person, I want to be closer and the "conversion" from the outer movement of what I call a hand into an inner movement that I call warmth is pleasant.

(EDIT: I'm sorry, I just realized that I'm an asshole and you may be lonely).

Movement is as giving as touch, because one is constituted in the other (and vice versa).
However, I see touch as the limit of movement, similar to how darkness is the limit of vision.
Isn't it when the night is dark we use our inner vision and imagine threats?

Edited by tsuki

@tsuki mhhh i‘m not lonely in that sense - i mean i am needy of conversation but not that needy. i didn’t want to post in your journal again, because i didn’t want to influence you in your thoughts anymore, while you want to hang out with yourself. but then i just posted again exactly because of that. tsuki you are a little arrogant and that keeps you from seeing an elephant in the room.

you stick to much to science. and base your experiences on it. just wanted to help you find another approach.

let‘s get rid of the preconceptions.

it is all skin, it is all touch.

Edited by now is forever

so in short you have:

• synesthesia 
  • kinesthesia
  • touch
  • thought/mind/awareness
  • short circuiting (what happens without understanding as well)

now we could go further and subdevide.