Shan

Simplified list of 5 Nootropics and 5 Supplements for Anxiety and BioHacking.

7 posts in this topic

Can experienced users please post a small list of critical Nootropics and Supplements?  If we can make this simple essential list, future readers wanting to enter this teirritory of Biohacking can use this as a starting point. 

On a personal note I suffer from Anxiety and Depression and hope this list will address that . As recommended by Leo, I want to exhaust these before trying prescription medication. 

I went through both the videos (1,2) posted by Leo for Supplements and Nootropics but the list is very long and the forum discussions scattered all over. I will try to list the compounds you guys recommend until we have a list of say 10 compounds. 

Let me start the Discussion with some definites :

• Nootropics 
    • Modafinil 50mg for clarity
    • 5-HTP for Anxiety and Depression and not take it with other anti-depressants

• Supplements 
    • Fish Oil for .. ?
    • Vitamin D3 for .. ?

I am sorry if this shoul have been posted in the nutrition thread ?

Bacopa

Ashwaganhda

Magnesium

(Melatonin)

Vitamins

Lions Mane

Rhodiola

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Mathew Pav Thanks for your input ! Could you suggest if you used  L-theamine for anxiety ? Did you have any issues with it in the longterm ? 

@Rilles Thanks for your input too. You dont seem to have L-theamine. Did you use others and have ancedotal evidence ?

I fumbled uponn this longecity reserch which seems to be very popular among reditt users. It givesa thumbsdown to L-theamine and Ashwaganhda which otherwise is recommended by a few. So I thought I check if your recommendation is coming from a first-hand, longterm experience ? 

Thank you. 

15 minutes ago, Shan said:

@Mathew Pav Thanks for your input ! Could you suggest if you used  L-theamine for anxiety ? Did you have any issues with it in the longterm ? 

@Rilles Thanks for your input too. You dont seem to have L-theamine. Did you use others and have ancedotal evidence ?

I fumbled uponn this longecity reserch which seems to be very popular among reditt users. It givesa thumbsdown to L-theamine and Ashwaganhda which otherwise is recommended by a few. So I thought I check if your recommendation is coming from a first-hand, longterm experience ? 

Thank you. 

Oh you wrote with experience? Sorry I havent tried these, they only seem the safest according to my research, I didnt get L-Theanine because I drink tea everyday so I find it uneccessary but if you dont then go ahead. 

Dont trust Reddit too much... :PTry it yourself and see. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!