Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shin

7 basic skills you need in order to have successful relationships

6 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

These skills are for maintaining a relationship. I need to get one first. But thank you for sharing. 

Not at all.

Except the sex part, everything can be trained with friends and family, and more importantly yourself.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

good source, thanks for shaing

+ I'd also add playfulness, vulnerability and less alpha masculinity for guys ...but that's prob. obvious to most actualizers anyway :) 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

9 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

good source, thanks for shaing

+ I'd also add playfulness, vulnerability and less alpha masculinity for guys ...but that's prob. obvious to most actualizers anyway :) 

I think they put vulnerability in the conflic-resolution department, but yes, without admitting that we are wrong and opening ourselves emotionally is shooting ourselves in the foot.
Can't truly communicate if that isn't properly trained and embodied.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 hours ago, Michael569 said:

vulnerability and less alpha masculinity for guys

You have to be careful with this-you don't ever want to lose your masculine edge. You want to harness that power. The way I see it is that to be vulnerable is to be courageous to be courageous is to be Alpha. It is not an either or thing it is one in the same.

I am assuming that you are talking about toxic masculinity, which is just a boy trapped in a Mans body trying to act out his Manhood in dysfunctional ways (I know this from experience). 

A really good book on the shadow aspects of Masculinity is King, Warrior, Magician, Lover

7 hours ago, Equanimitize said:

I am assuming that you are talking about toxic masculinity, which is just a boy trapped in a Mans body trying to act out his Manhood in dysfunctional ways (I know this from experience). 

Yeah pretty much. There is an extreme end for a man being too feminine as well crying and moaning like a little bitch over everything afraid to take control but the superior alpha macho man, I find these guys extremely hillarious, the more they try the funnier it is 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus