How to be wise

Emptiness and ecstasy

3 posts in this topic

These days I usually become conscious throughout the day that emptiness leads to ecstasy. So what does that mean? Well, if you look around your room just as it is without projecting your concepts on to it, your body will be filled with this very blissful feeling. I’m feeling it a lot these days as I progress further with The Work of Byron Katie, which I have been doing now for around six months. 

I also noticed that, with my new awareness, I can really appreciate a lot of Leo’s videos that before were just mental masturbation for me. These include the videos ‘a rant against naive realism’, ‘how you lie’ and ‘understanding how paradigm works’. These videos are really helping me now as I carry on distinguishing ‘actuality’ from ‘thoughts’. The notion of reality as a physical place is really breaking down for me, because it is not in ‘actuality’. 

I’m also using the realisations I get to really work on my shadow side, and live my life acting out of joy rather than fear. This is extremely important to me as usually most of my life has been spent acting out of fear rather than joy. I also see that I’m saving a lot of energy in my day as I purify my shadow and change a lot of my neurotic behaviours, because those behaviours would usually expend a lot of energy from me.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

25 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

These days I usually become conscious throughout the day that emptiness leads to ecstasy. So what does that mean? Well, if you look around your room just as it is without projecting your concepts on to it, your body will be filled with this very blissful feeling. I’m feeling it a lot these days as I progress further with The Work of Byron Katie, which I have been doing now for around six months. 

I also noticed that, with my new awareness, I can really appreciate a lot of Leo’s videos that before were just mental masturbation for me. These include the videos ‘a rant against naive realism’, ‘how you lie’ and ‘understanding how paradigm works’. These videos are really helping me now as I carry on distinguishing ‘actuality’ from ‘thoughts’. The notion of reality as a physical place is really breaking down for me, because it is not in ‘actuality’. 

I’m also using the realisations I get to really work on my shadow side, and live my life acting out of joy rather than fear. This is extremely important to me as usually most of my life has been spent acting out of fear rather than joy. I also see that I’m saving a lot of energy in my day as I purify my shadow and change a lot of my neurotic behaviours, because those behaviours would usually expend a lot of energy from me.

Great to hear that this stuff works for others as well, mind blowing isnt it.  Keep it up, infinity is the limit.