Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pelin

Is this social anxiety?

5 posts in this topic

In most areas of my life, I am a self confident person. I'm a teacher, and I have no problems speaking to an audience or stage fright. I am married and have close friends and although I'm not overly social, I'm usually okay with face to face interactions.

However, there are some social situations I feel anxious and don't know how to fix.

1. I get worried when I need to make a phone call, let's say to a hospital or restaurant to make a booking. If I have to change it, it becomes worse.
  2. I sometimes feel the same when I need to answer the phone, too, esp if the person is not in my close circle.
  3. I have trouble texting or saying someone to do me a favour. I'm afraid they will judge me and I will waste their time. 
  4. When I need to deal or negotiate with someone, I usually refrain and let them win. 
  5. I have had a personal blog for two years and I'm only talking about it openly and sharing it for the last year. Before that, I had a blog for 5 years that nearly nobody knew about. I was ashamed of the things I wrote there, and was afraid some of my friends would take what I wrote personally. Even after a year of telling my friends about my blog, I'm not motivated to promote my posts on social media. 

I somehow understand the reason behind all of this is fear of judgment. But what is the root cause and how can I fix it? Any advice, book suggestions, Leo videos that I might have missed, greatly appreciated.

read the book 

feeling good by david burns.

here is the legal links to download the book. it helped me to overcome social fear and anxiety if not even depression at all. 

https://archive.org/details/FeelingGood-TheNewMoodTherapy

look the right side on the website to download for pdf or epub for your kindle device even. if you trouble acquiring the book please let me know and I will help you through.

i read and I understand what you've written, I know how its to be in your situation and having know nothing about how you'd help to the situation. nobody should left in darkness so okay, go ahead and start reading the book, let me know about your process and I can help you if you're having trouble about understanding any chapter. let me get notified by mentioning me in a reply or via PM, blessings