Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

recognition/feeling of infinite pain/pleasure

8 posts in this topic

was going over some trip reports and found this to be extremely shocking and terrifying that so many reports of bad trip reports have a line which kinda goes like this:   I thought it couldn't get any worse and THEN IT DID! A LOT WORSE and it KEPT! GETTING! WORSE! 

that in-itself shows the boundless/limitless nature of reality

how can there ever be the worst possible pain? if it could be quantified in some way then say if the pain level reached that highest quantified level, what's there stopping it from adding +1 to it. just like the infinity of the numbers in maths

although, there does seem to be a recognition / feeling of a level which is known to BE the worst/BEST - 

the one having a non-dual samadhi experience feels infinite bliss/pleasure... INFINITE! how can infinite be felt? yet it is known that this is the best/highest there is

just like that, there may also be infinite pain (resistance to what-is X 10000000000.... ) 

these could be the depths of the hell where lost souls may dwell to post the "death' of the physical body and if they arent in-tune with their mind or have a super guilt full consciousness 

just a rant. 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

were these trip reports of actualizers, or random people off the internet who probably did not research the drug or setting before dosing? Just curious. I couldn't imagine (and don't want to) being in a spot where I think I'm in the worst pain/resistance possible only to be proven wrong time and time again. I'd be like... nope... I'm out. But of course at that point you can't really back out.  Too bad they don't have some kind of anti-psychedelic for the bad trips huh. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance hmmm

it was a mix of it i believe. not sure if many were on the spiritual/actualization path... but goes to show. that really, it's all you mind and it's infinitely powerful in that what it can show you / make you experience both in content and magnitude

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei yeah, I guess my other curiosity was if they were actualizers and still had these bad trips as you described, either it was something they needed to go through as part of their growth, or they still just didn't prepare properly.  I have had what I consider a good trip before, although everyone else considered it bad because I kind of lost my mind there for a couple hours.. oops. But recalling that experience, it definitely could have turned into a mini-hell at any point. Luckily it didn't. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance hmmm indeed. 

especially the fact that one has no idea whatsoever that she/he has taken a psychedelic which is bringing about this current experience

so it's hard to try and bring awareness in that state to try and clam yourself down. having a high baseline awareness would help after doing such trips a few times i reckon 

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei seems like things always can go deeper. And in the moment it always feels complete (like it never can go deeper) and maybe every moment is complete in its essence?

Btw I like shinzen youngs equation

Pain x Resistance = Suffering

By that concept even a small amount of pain can give an infinite amount of suffering if the resistance is big enough. And a huge amount of pain doesn't have to produce any amount of suffering.

Seems like those people resisted the trip alot.

10 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Pain x Resistance = Suffering

wow this is so elegant!

it makes sense also, that if there is no resistance aka resistance = 0 

then we get;

PAIN x 0  = No Pain!

nicely done. thank you @WelcometoReality

12 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Seems like those people resisted the trip alot.

indeed! so many trip guides and Leo also says, just surrender (accept / stop resisting) and that's the key

it is another one of those #EasierSaidThanDone things. but that's exactly why they suffered, yes, i agree.

Love Is The Answer

9 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

wow this is so elegant!

it makes sense also, that if there is no resistance aka resistance = 0 

then we get;

PAIN x 0  = No Pain!

nicely done. thank you @WelcometoReality

indeed! so many trip guides and Leo also says, just surrender (accept / stop resisting) and that's the key

it is another one of those #EasierSaidThanDone things. but that's exactly why they suffered, yes, i agree.

Can't take any credit. Shinzen knows his stuff. ?

Yeah can we really stop resistance as it comes up?

Maybe we just are more prepared/willing to accept the next time it comes up because we have experienced it before?