Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aclokay

Could there be unconscious behavior?

3 posts in this topic

We often hear such criticism of low conscious people such as Trump, politicians, business men, etc. This gives us motivation to raise our consciousness and awareness of our behavior and shadow.

But it confused the heck of my mind lately. As Osho said, "Mind is always confused". Nevertheless, its confusion is persistent on this topic. So I'll pose this question to the most "conscious" forum I know :)

What do you mean by unconsciousness? Could our ego drive our consciousness as a car, just until we say "jesus take the wheel?" 

If consciousness is fundamental to all of our experience, what would be unconscious behavior?

Edited by aclokay

Everything you do by reacting to your emotions (instead of probing why you have this emotion in the first place)

Everything you do without a state of peace (without "full" clarity of mind)

Everything you do mechanically  (without paying full attention)

Basically, unless you've done some serious work, you're a robot.

95% of your behavior is predictable.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

unconscious behavior I would describe as behavior in which your mind just sort of "shuts off" so to speak or your awareness is extremely limited.

Egotistical tendencies for example tend to be unconscious because they still separate themselves from everything else. Its like tunnel vision. But there are many facets to being "conscious" so you can be conscious in one thing but unconscious in another.

Of course to call someone unconscious is a highly relative term. Unconscious people can be highly conscious compared to unconscious people of some higher degree.