XYZ

Shifting attitude from value leech to value creator.

2 posts in this topic

This I've identified as a fundamental issue to address in personal development, to change my personality from being a passive freeloader to active creator of value. Changing a lot of unconscious, lifelong habits, in all areas of life from interacting with people, making/spending money, and use of my free time. 

Looking for any book, video or other resource recommendations to get into the creator mindset. As an INTP/ENTP I feel I have been extremely creative within my own mind, but severely lacking in actually producing value that can be received and reciprocated with the world around. 

Start chipping away at the hammer for the lifelong bad habits. Start digging deep and searching for where this unconscious behavior comes from.

Pick one habit you'd like to get rid of, and every day you wake up commit to breaking that habit. It has worked best for me if you work in 24 hour blocks, every time you wake up commit to breaking that one habit. It takes on average about 66 days to break habits, this will vary of course.

Once you break one habit, you'll see that you have the power to do this with all of your bad habits, which will snowball into all areas of your life.

Whats really cool, is you can then replace the negative habit, with a positive habit and before you know it your life is transformed.

As far as creativity, you can start combining 2 different things that you see or that come to mind, things that you would never think relate together. For example I see a Pencil and a Tree. What does a Pencil and a Tree have in common, well a pencil comes from a tree, they are both tall and skinny, etc. Or how about an iPhone and a highway, well the iPhone has a map of the highway, they are both man made, etc. Before you know it, you'll start seeing how everything connects together, you can do this with a journal or whenever/wherever you feel like it. Try and do it for 90 days, and it'll give you a new perspective. 

Also, if you don't have vision/purpose your creativity has no outlet. I am sure you know this, but life purpose and vision are extremely important.