Leo Kaminski

How much to meditate

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have got a question.

Disclaims:

1. I am not interested in hearing meditation, spirituality and enlightenment is all there is, even though this might be the case.

2. I am interested in hearing what people think, who are connecting the dots of meditation with a lot of other areas in life!

So currently, the question of how much I should meditate came up for me. I am at the moment in the building process of a business. It is super fun and feels like fulfilling my life purpose. I am also living together with my girlfriend for the first time, in a new beautiful environment at the beach. So things are generally going very well. 
For the record and to give you guys more background: I have some past meditation streaks which were about half a year long (meditating every day for 20 to 60 minutes, it increased through the year. I also did one Vipassana retreat.

What I noticed back than was, that I was meditating more because of the dogma I created out of Leo's content. Which was the right thing at that time, because it helped me to start. For the past have year, I was kind of resolving the dogma, and taped into my own motivation and passion fro meditation. At least to some degree. What happened, by resolving the dogma was that I wasn't as clean on my streak anymore. So I wasn't meditating every day anymore and also went more intuitive with it. For example, I did a lot of sessions, without timer, which sometimes went over 1h and sometimes just 20 minutes. it was depending on my feeling and intuition. I enjoy being that open and intuitive with my meditation practice a lot. 

But recently as I am getting more involved with my business and stuff, I noticed that my meditation got a little bit neglected. The sessions are running shorter and I sometimes have a few days without it. Meditation is important and Leo is emphasizing a lot on that point, that is why I was interested in listening to some of your opinions on that topic. He especially said in a recent video, that most people don't even have a chance of succeeding in this work, because they are not even able to dedicate 1h of meditation per day to it. 

So I wanted to ask you, what do you think on the amount of meditation one should invest into this work. In the future, from December on starting I want to meditate longer again. How much progress in possible in this work, without meditation or not so long sessions. I feel that I am growing exponentially at the moment, but I want to keep that process going. 

Also I would love to hear, some connections that you guys exist between meditation and other areas. For example: business, Life Purpose, Creativity etc. 
I feel like the balance of the mind that is trained through meditation is benefiting all the other areas and it has also some other interesting benefits and influences on them. But what I mean is, how meditation can influence the way you think about them, which influences how you do them. Not even sure wether this makes any sense for you guys. In the end I know it is all connected and has different influences on each other and meditation is definitely a crucial one for acing it all. 

Wish you the best!

Meditate as much as you can while still balancing life obligations and cultivation of assets and purpose.

Meditation helps to dissolve the inner barriers to what you want and make the external pursuits easier and the path towards them clearer. Before it was like travelling through molasses. Now it's fun and easier and it only gets better and better.

Edited by Arman

You can meditate 24/7 while doing your things. 

Meditation is not only sitting with eyes closed, that is for the relaxation of the body in a certain way or working on something very specific. 

Meditation is attention on the breath and knowing how to channel that consciously in the entire body. 

One can achieve full relaxation and peace of mind while running per example or doing paperwork, doesn't matter. Is like having a brand new racing motorcycle, what matters are the skills of the pilot. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Love that answer! Absolutely, those perspectives help a lot. I feel I want to learn more & be more aware and mindful throughout my day and activities

Thanks @Hellspeed and @Arman