Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kieranperez

Victim Mindset, Postmodernism, Millennials, & Stage Green

3 posts in this topic

I know even people like Ken Wilber, Doshin & Junpo Roshi from Integral Zen, Shunyamurti talk about this facet of Green & Postmodernists (particularly my generation: white American millennials) being really stuck in victim thinking. I know Jordan Peterson tends to talk about this (or I should say, talks down to them about this) but this really does seem prevalent particularly to me as an individual but also in my area collectively (San Francisco... which, if you know anything about here there's a lot of this here) particularly among my age group. I'd love to know what the relationship between all these things. 

I really feel like this feeling of "I just can't!" is such a hard thing to overcome once you/I get stuck in it because it becomes self-perpetuating. For me I notice it working as putting off things more and more and more and more and more and more, not making decisions, quitting and giving up, and the reversal of this process really can feel like the most debilitating uphill battle just to even make a decision, not even take action, but to merely decide on something.

For me personally the thing that I feel mostly a victim to is my mind. Not even so much outer circumstance as much as my mind that I feel a victim to. 

This is not exclusive to Green. People are generally lazy across the board, people love to play victim across the board, and people have no sense of direction across the board.

Of course! All of this is just the complacency of mainstream society, and these days people are so spoiled with video games and easy childhood that they have zero work ethic or self-determination.

This is why self-help exists.

JP is himself stuck in victim thinking and so are all his followers.

This is just what ego does. It never wants to take responsibility. Especially not for emotional or mental issues.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.