Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
octsober

Life Crossroad - What's Next?

4 posts in this topic

Greetings Gang, 

I'll just jump right into it - I'm 27, still live at home, I'm a waiter, I also own a business making card games / board games. Haven't released anything yet but my first game should be out this year. I feel like I'm wasting my life away as I'm still at home, working odd jobs with low ceilings in regards to growth. All the previous jobs I've worked is one of the major factors on why I started my own business. 

I'm at this point where I'm trying to find a way to leave the nest but still be smart about it. I've got some money saved up but I don't have a solid foundation to leave just yet. I really want my independence, but to me, leaving now while trying to get my company off the ground doesn't seem smart. 

I guess I'm reaching out to see if this is smart or just lazy. I mean I'm pretty comfortable, but unhappy. 

Any thoughts on the matter are appreciated.   

16 hours ago, Sarah_Flagg said:

@octsober What would comfortable look like to you?

Hm. I'm not sure actually. Not working dead end jobs just to pay rent? I'd ideally have to work another job in the mornings, which is generally time spent working on games for my company. And end up finding some roommates which is OK as well. I'm just unsure going out and doing so now is smart as the cost of living is kinda steep as I live close NYC. 

All and all it sounds like I'm just making excuses. Totally sounds like excuses. (it's excuses)  

Happiness comes always first, I love this quote and I think it can help you :) "If you do what is easy your life will be hard, but if you do what is hard your life will be easy". It's hard to pursue ones dream but once you're on the road there's nothing that can stop you. I don't see why being at home with your parents is something negative, I mean, if you want to move out just save some money and of course follow your dream and passion which I assume is your business. You do have the foundation of your parents to quit the job that doesn't fulfil you and you can dedicate yourself 100% to your business. This way you will make money for sure and you will be able to earn your independance. 

Good luck and I hope my advice helped!!