XYZ

Stage Red Ego: Afraid to stop being self-centered.

21 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2018 at 11:21 AM, XYZ said:

Now here is what I am afraid of: If I were to let go of the ego, really transcend the false division between "myself" and everything else, I would wake up the next day, and there would be no reason to get out of bed. Nothing exists, nothing matters, the illusion of this body could just lie there until it died. Why bother doing anything if there is nothing to do and nobody to do it? Is ego actually a necessity for life to continue at all, and by contrast, true ego death would mean actual death? Where is the sweet spot between purposefulness and beingness?

You are seeing this as an all or nothing scenario. IME this is not the case. You rather find a way that does not force (manipulate) yourself to do things that you do not want to do, nor be what you do not want to be.

This is essentially moving away from fear/anxiety to love/authenticity, from manipulation of yourself (falsity) to being your natural self (authenticity) - via small steps. Vigilance is required.

Now, you may not know quite what you are moving to for quite a while, but that does not matter. What matters is the direction, what you are moving away from.

You could say this is moving to a sweet spot similar to the one you mention.