seeking_brilliance

An idea of myself.

27 posts in this topic

@seeking_brilliance Here is a fun experiment: rather than referring to yourself as a noun, refer to yourself as a verb (I am Samueling). This replaces the idea of a person in a timeline to what is happening right now.

Say it out loud. Right now, I am Samueling!!! Anything you do is Samueling! The definition of Samueling is whatever is happening right now. It's impossible for you to not be Samueling. Go ahead and try. . . Nope, that's Samueling too. . . Try again. . . Nope, that's Samueling too. You are ALWAYS Samueling.

Referring to our self as a verb, rather than a noun, is a HUGE step forward in self actualization. It is MUCH closer to the truth.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:58 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

Can't stop the winter from coming, and can't beg it back in the scorching heat of summer. 

I'm reminded of the quote:

“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

:)

@Serotoninluv

15 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@seeking_brilliance Here is a fun experiment: rather than referring to yourself as a noun, refer to yourself as a verb (I am Samueling). This replaces the idea of a person in a timeline to what is happening right now.

Say it out loud. Right now, I am Samueling!!! Anything you do is Samueling! The definition of Samueling is whatever is happening right now. It's impossible for you to not be Samueling. Go ahead and try. . . Nope, that's Samueling too. . . Try again. . . Nope, that's Samueling too. You are ALWAYS Samueling.

Referring to our self as a verb, rather than a noun, is a HUGE step forward in self actualization. It is MUCH closer to the truth.

This is actually a very good way to look at it.

I don't agree that 'Samueling' is always happening though. It's a verb or an activity and sometimes you are not doing it. When you are in a state of flow, you are not doing it, or when in deep meditation, watching a movie, sleeping. These are all selfless activities. The fact that 'selfing' is not always happening is what makes it unreal. This is what the buddhists call impermanence: it comes, it goes. It is not you.

That's why they say 'you're already enlightened'. You're already not the self. The self is already an activity that is not always happening. You just don't realise it yet. In my definition enlightenment points to having realised it, but it is true that nothing really changes with enlightenment.

@Serotoninluv thanks! Too bad the name wasn't something odd like "simulate". Then i could go around shouting "I'm simulating! I'm simulating!"

Ok,that was corny, even for Samueling... Oh wait, I used it as a noun. I was just Samueling, that's all. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay