Emanyalpsid

The definite guide to non-duality, enlightenment, and the nature of reality

45 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Barna said:

I'm not trying to sell you anything, I don't believe in anything. I'm just playing with words and through these words I'm playing with other minds. :)

My mind is not even a tool, it's just a toy.

My mind, other minds,.. you are playing yourself.

I don't trust my thoughts when they try to explain existential things, because I had experiences that are not explainable by any language. So I go into my direct experience instead. 

You can't explain them, because you don't understand them.

Maybe you still have to think some more before you realize that thoughts cannot comprehend existence. And it's okay, it's a perfect place to be. Any place is a perfect place to be. :)

One might believe I'm a thinker, but I'm mostly feeling. But one needs to think to explain and understand things. If you don't want to understand it, suit your-self. 

Thanks for the conversation! May you be well. ?

Let me share a famous story in Buddhist texts which goes something like this:

A monk sees his mentor mourning besides a grave.

The monk is thunderstruck and asks his mentor; "why are you crying?! I thought you learned us to not experience emotions?!" 

The mentor answers; "I'm crying because I feel sad."

Edited by Emanyalpsid

There is something in us that wants to understand things, the world, existence. Understanding is practical, it helps humans to control things. Control is also practical, this is why the ego is practical. The root of the ego is the need to control. 

I don't think that we have to kill the ego, because it's a useful tool for survival. But wise people see the limits of their ego, and the limits of their mind, so they use these tools in a humble way while they are growing beyond these tools. Some enlightened teachers, like Adyashanti and Matt Kahn, grew so much beyond their minds that they often say things like "I don't know anything", "I'm not attached to any understanding". 

This attitude of not knowing comes from the realization that we cannot understand everything because the human mind is limited. The human brain is limited. After all, the brain is only a biological computer with limited resources. But the ego doesn't want to see these limits because it identifies itself with the mind, and it wants to see itself as limitless. 

At least, this is my understanding. :D

Enlightened teachers? Have they become enlightened? Have they become what they believed?

It is not about understanding it, but about understanding the nature of it. I see that in my previous response I forgot the word nature, my bad. Maybe a better explanation is to gain insight, as a transcendental understanding. It transcends you and it, as you are it. Therefore it is a direct experience. Itself is the hardest to see through. That it is of mutual dependent origin and that the essence of it is empty and therefore non-dual. So it is not only non-dual because of the ego creating a duality, but it is also non-dual because it does not exist on itself.

But I don't way to push someone anywhere he or she does not want to go. The will must come from the inside. So I will stop here. I wish you all the best and thanks for the conversation. ?

Edited by Emanyalpsid

For those of you who are reading this topic and don't really get what I'm trying to explain, but who do want to. I thought of an experiment one can do to experience this yourself.

Take a raw chicken egg and hold it in one hand. Now most of you already know that the concept of the egg is created by the ego, therefore creating a duality. So we lose the concept. For the sake of explaining the experiment I will still refer to the egg. Now you will only see and feel the egg. The egg is there because you see and feel it. Now you didn't lay the egg, a chicken laid the egg. So before you saw and felt the egg, the egg was already there. Being shipped to the supermarket where you bought it. So you didn't create the egg, it came into your consciousness. You could deny all this and say; everything is created through my consciousness! Well could you then create anything you want? Can you let an elephant lay the egg? No, apparently your consciousness is bounded. How is it bounded? Well, something, we all call a chicken, has to lay the egg.

So you have the egg, which you do not define, in your hand. You see and feel the egg, you are conscious of the egg, but you didn't create it. It came into existence outside of your consciousness, which we just realized.

Now the goal of this experiment is to figure out if the egg exists on itself. With which I mean; is the egg there to be perceived? Can it be perceived? You see an oval object, you feel it is a hard oval object, and you see the object has a colour, which the ego could define as sand-like, or beige, or white, depending on what kind of chicken egg you have.

Probably, most people will now, subconsciously, assume that the egg exists on itself, as it is perceived. But what happens if you relax your fingers? The egg will fall on the floor. The egg which was once oval breaks into pieces. Now take another egg in your hand and ask yourself again; does the egg exist on itself?

Edited by Emanyalpsid

@Leo Gura I hope you will read the entire topic to get what I am trying to show you. I'm trying to help you in not straying further from reality and all the people you take along with you. You have become the truth; the manifestation of the believe in absolute infinity. Can you make a distinction between it and itself? Or is it only itself?

I know you're already doubting your believes yourself, as I saw doubt in your eyes in your last video which I didn't see before.

Edited by Emanyalpsid