LeoBacca

I am going to do my first solo retreat, but I have some questions..

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am almost 19 and first of beginning the university I decided to do a 10 day solo retreat away from my parents and friends. I came to this conclusion because I understood that I've a problem with dealing with loneliness and with my internet addiction, for logistical reasons i will be only allowed to text my mother just to tell her that I am good ahah. I know that Leo has recorded his experience but I would like to hear your opinions too :D, so here are some questions that arose:

1- Are there any chance of me becoming actually crazy?

2- Is physical exercise allowed?

3-Should I meditate/contemplate all the time and avoiding fantasizing at all cost? Isn't the solitude enough to "purify myself" ?

4-Is writing ideas too distracting?

Thank you in advance

Edited by LeoBacca

1.i doubt it 2.why not?3.its not enough do the work.4.sometimes 

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1-  If you're already crazy (legit), then yeah, it's possible to have difficulties but nothing that you shouldn't be able to confront by yourself.  Knowing you're a phone call away from a loved one should be enough to calm this anxiety

2-  yes, exercise will increase the positive effects of the solo retreat

3- solitude and doing nothing produce incredible results

4-journaling your thoughts is great

3 hours ago, markusrabbius said:

1-  If you're already crazy (legit), then yeah, it's possible to have difficulties but nothing that you shouldn't be able to confront by yourself.  Knowing you're a phone call away from a loved one should be enough to calm this anxiety

2-  yes, exercise will increase the positive effects of the solo retreat

3- solitude and doing nothing produce incredible results

4-journaling your thoughts is great

Thank you both for your responses. @NoSelfSelf @markusrabbius

Have you ever done a solo retreat? How was your experience?

@LeoBacca i havent really did hardcore solo retreat but i do stuff every day 

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

Something I've kicked around in my head and may do in the future. I'm impressed that you're doing this at such a young age. 

@LeoBacca Self inquariy bassicly 8 hours everday (even during stuff i do) kriya yoga,shamanic breathing,not so many meditation have to do it more,and observing my ego and letting go of the bs programming....

It's you.

Now fight.

@LeoBacca This is all well and good. I'd like to recommend you a book called The Spiritual Teachings of Ramana Maharshi. To read while you are on this retreat. 

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

5 hours ago, LeoBacca said:

@PsiloPutty Yeah but keep calm i suck in other areas of my life ahaha

For a 19 yr old, I would hope so.   :D  But stay with the meditating and watch your life improve greatly!