freepaul

abusive people holding me back...

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I'm 18 yo and I'm from Romania. I've been growing up in a family with an abusive, alcoholic father. My mom was always acting like a victim, due to him... Also, she was abused emotionally by her parents from the age of 5. I always tried to help her deal with those situations, and it made me very empathetic.
    I discovered Leo 2 years ago, and it clicked very quickly for me that I found the one I was always looking for. We both share complex systematic thinking about the world. I was having pretty big changes, but still something's smelling pretty fishy as I climb up.
    I'm in my last year of highschool and there's a guy in my class whose character I can't relate with. Almost 2 years ago, he started bullying me emotionally and psychologically. He begs for attention, status and power, therefore he's got a very big ego... He chose me as a target because I'm the one different in the class. All my classmates are centered on money, hollow stuff, poor in wisdom.
   How do I deal with him bullying me more exactly? What do I do in that very second?

Edited by freepaul
accidentally I added 2 words without any sense.

@freepaul keep in mind that he is in deep suffering, so think/speak/act from a mindset of compassion. he won't be able to keep up the mask against someone whose karma comes from Love. it's like trying to make fun of thich nhat hahn.

i also think both of you share very similar backgrounds :)
but that's just a belief...

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

keep in mind that he is in deep suffering

I've seen him suffering in the past, but I wasn't really aware of that...

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

i also think both of you share very similar backgrounds

will look up

1 hour ago, Feel Good said:

If you are comabtive with them they will never trust you again and your opportunity to make a friend with them will be lost. 

I acted pretty defensive, so already I did this mistake... am I gonna win his trust now?

Edited by freepaul

@Feel Good My insecure part is that I'm taking things personally.

I generally understand the feelings of others, but for some reason, I haven't thought about bullying as a self-doubt aspect...

The problem may stand in my compulsive acting...

Edited by freepaul

12 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

You mean to say the problem you have is you act compuslevely in relationship to his communication?

this one

@Feel Good @ajasatya I will try acting with compassion, as you previously mentioned.

Because I just realized that all the good things I've done were accomplished through love and understanding...

I really appreciate your help in resolving the problem.:)

Edited by freepaul

You go to the principle of the institution and make a written acknowledgment of this. I've been in situations like that in Romania. Noone has the right to mock someone while in school. 

Te duci la director si depui o plangere in scris, despre situatie. Nimeni nu are dretul sa isi bata joc de cineva. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.