MiracleMan

Jim Newman - Nonduality

4 posts in this topic

Interesting expression, juxtaposed with love and light, this guy just goes straight to the business.

Grace

@MiracleMan him and Tony Parsons both

they have a different spin on the whole non-duality but that teaching is hard to follow in my opinion or at least for me

an enlightened person will know what they are talking about . but to someone just starting, their work can likely go over their head.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

2 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@MiracleMan him and Tony Parsons both

they have a different spin on the whole non-duality but that teaching is hard to follow in my opinion or at least for me

an enlightened person will know what they are talking about . but to someone just starting, their work can likely go over their head.

It's hard to follow, at least in my opinion, because of the direct simplicity of what he states.  He doesn't give the mind anything to work with, it's not something to get or understand, when he talks about unknowing, it's really an unwinding of the mind, relaxing the mind, almost coaxing it to rest and return to its source, almost to say 'stop searching for objects, just rest, be quiet, be still.'  In essence this is the greatest teacher: silence.

Really, in my experience, I find it's more like reduction than anything, I learn to let to go what I've learned, slowly, it's a winding down of mental activity rather than giving you something to think about.

Grace

@MiracleMan yes. agreed. the utter simplicity of this is what makes it so hard to grasp

i like how rupert spira puts it. he says that our attention on object in a doing

the seeker asks "how to" get enlightenment... how to do it...

the thing is that enlightenment is not something which one gets by doing... it's rather, an un-doing which reveals the Truth

the undoing is a relaxation of the attention

rupert says imagine that the state you currently are in is that of a clenched fist. clenching is an effort. you have to "let go" or relax the hand for it to open, you have to stop the muslces from clenching it. when you are "stopping" that's not an effort or a doing. it's the unplugging of the flow of the effort

so both you and I get this :) 

now. if only you and I can get "there" :P 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny