Andrea Maffioletti

The Nature of Perceptions

8 posts in this topic

I would like to ask you this question I cannot wrap my mind around it.

Physicality is an illusion given by our sense perceptions. The only real element in our daily experiences are perceptions that arise within Consciousness.

Since the body, as a physical entity does not really exist, how does Consciousness manifest itself under the form of perceptions? Or how perceptions ( 5 senses and thoughts) arise from Consciousness?

Thanks in advance for anyone answering this question.

Best,

Andrea

Edited by Andrea Maffioletti

I realised that everything I know of the world are not objects, that there is not an external world made out of matter. The only real experience present are perceptions. For instance, there is no a tree out thete but simply the seeing of the tree. In other words, objectivity is an illusion and all exist is subjective experiences. If these subjective experiences are shared, they become objective.

Then I realised that these subjective experiences or perceptions are only possible to exist in presence of something/someone that knows them, that is Consciousness. So, ontologically Consciounsess is the source in which perceptions take place. 

My question was how or through which process perceptions arise within Consciousness, since it cannot be through a body because the body is an illusory object.

Hope it is more clear.

Best,

Andrea

Basically you are asking how something arises from nothing. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

And I'm asking you for the origin of your question because the origin of it is the same origin of perceptions. 

Once you learn about the origin you will realize that actually nothing is arising from anything. The arising itself is an illusion, something of the dream.

Just think about what I'm asking you so we may have a ground to stand on and I can finally walk you through this dream world. I don’t want you to believe in anything I say blindly. 

Consciousness doesn't exist in separation from Manifestation.

It's Shiva-Shakti.

The body and its sense organs are part of Shakti.

Consciousness gives rise to Manifestation.

It's not that the body doesn't exist, it's that it has no independent existence outside consciousness.

But it's not less "real" than the perceptions it gives rise to.

In other words, consciousness can modulate and constrain itself to produce whatever simulation (i.e. perceptions) is necessary.

The constraints of consciousness aren't "unreal" but they aren't "real" in the sense of unchanging or Absolute or unconditioned.

Edited by Haumea2018

@Andrea Maffioletti That's the mindfuck of it: perception does not really exist. What you presently think of as perception will eventually -- at high levels of consciousness -- get recontextualized into Absolute being.

Perception only appears to exist because the ego is co-opting Absolute being as its own "perceptions".

In truth, you are not perceiving anything. Absolute Infinity is being itself but because you believe you were born, you are misinterpreting Absolute being as "my perceptions of reality".

Without a belief in a separate self, there is no perception. The notion of perception carries with it a hidden implicit metaphysics: subject/object (duality). When you become really conscious, this duality collapses and you realize that perception was never taking place. Absolute being was taking place.

This may sound like a semantic word game, but I assure you its not. It's a very radical and palpable shift in consciousness. You will feel it like getting struck with a lightning bolt. Your whole sense of reality will flip inside out as your consciousness up-shifts from relative perception to Absolute being. Visually, nothing may change, but your understanding of what you thought your visual field was will radically change.

It's like if what you thought was a shrub swaying in the wind, upon closer inspection, turned out to be a creeping grizzly bear ;)

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

First of all I would like to thank you guys for your time and the clarity of your answer.

@Victor Mgazi  Thank you for your answer. I came to the realization that origin of my question and therefore the origin of perceptions is the mind, a thought. Not a general thought but a really particular thought: the one that holds the belief of being someone, of being a separate entity perceiving and existing in a external world. This thought is the one the create the illusion of me existing. This thought carries the believe that I am a human being, I was born, I did this and that, I have a family and so on. I realized these are simply concepts, present  only in my mind and nowhere else. It represents my personal conditioning. My existence and personal life is based on a thought that beliefs that it is someone, doing and participating into the world. But it is simply a thought, no one is behind the eyes.                                                                              

I realized that Mind is the tool that Consciousness uses to interact with itself and to sustain itself, giving the illusion that different objects are interacting; it is how separateness is created from oneness.  It is incorrect to claim that there is no body but only perceptions. In reality, there is no body, no perceptions, only Consciousness. There is no sound, I am the sound; there is no tree, I am the tree. And Consciousness looks like exactly how the world looks like. The substance by which everything is made is Consciousness.                                              

It is all mind stuff. Mind-blowing. Genius.

Please feel free to leave other comments that might help me to go even deeper.

Thank you @Leo Gura for the huge amount of work and insights you are sharing every week.

Andrea

its like looking to your hands, but actually you are not looking because the hands were part of you. You are not looking to universe, the universe is you, being itself.