Action

Taking action to build habits

55 posts in this topic

Day 13

Did 10 minutes of meditation once more.

It's getting easier, or maybe that's because I'm not sick anymore :)

Day 14

Did 10 minutes of meditation again.

That's 2 weeks completed!!! xD

Day 15
Did 15 minutes of meditation.

Starting to feel like a long time to meditate :).

13 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Action What type of meditation are you doing? There are quite a fee different kinds so was just curious 

@Wisebaxter

I'm practicing a technique called Anapanasati. Where I focus on my natural breath during meditation.

Day 16

Did 15 minutes of meditation again. I'm feeling the habit is becoming more and more automatic.

19 hours ago, Maximus said:

This is good progress. Do you still do it when you wake up?

Hi, Maximus. Thanks for your reply. I still do it once I wake up (my trigger).

Day 17

Did 15 minutes of meditation once more upon waking.

23 hours ago, Maximus said:

Nice work on the trigger and process. Gives me good ideas to see it in action. Do you wake up at the same time?

Good to see that it's giving you some ideas.

I don't wake up at the same time every day.

Especially when I was sick I would sleep in more. You can see from the timestamp on my posts here. But waking up is something I do every day (at least it's been a while since I pulled an all nighter :)). So it's a good trigger, you just have to commit that no matter what time it is when you wake up, you just start meditating and worry about everything else later. Hope that helps!

Day 18

Did 15 minutes of meditation again. Felt more focused after doing it.

Day 19

Did 15 minutes of meditation once more. During meditation my main distractions are my mind trying to solve problems like: what will I wear today etc? I try to notice and bring my mind back to my breath.

Day 20

Did 15 minutes of meditation. First time meditating when waking up elsewhere. I was aware of this and made sure I still meditated first thing in the morning.

21 hours ago, Maximus said:

This has been a stumbling block for me in the past. Routine is fine when in the same place. It is a different task when elsewhere. Is there something you did to make sure?

I was aware of this beforehand. That's why I planned out how I was going to do the habit in a slightly different manner. And also made sure to do it right after the trigger (waking up). So, it requires you to plan ahead and being extra focussed on doing it. I hope that helps you.

Day 21

I did 15 minutes of meditation again. So I'm going to reward myself with a nice breakfast for having a 3 week streak of doing my habit.

Day 22

Did 20 minutes of meditation upon waking up. Time is starting to go by faster during mediation, so it also doesn't feel like a really long time.

Day 23

Did 20 minutes of meditation. It was hard, I had someone sleep over. So I went to the bathroom to meditate there. It was harder to focus.

Day 24

Did 20 minutes of meditation again upon waking. It's getting more and more routine.

Day 25

Did 20 minutes of meditation. It wasa but harder now, because I had to get up quite early because I have to travel 2+ hours this morning to go to some customers this morning.

Day 26

Did 20 minutes of meditation again. No problem doing the habit.

Day 27

Did 20 minutes of meditation again after sleeping in after a busy week :).

Day 28

Did 20 minutes of meditation again and this marks my 4 week streak of doing mediation every day :).

Day 29

Did 25 minutes of meditation.

It's almost on autopilot. So it's time to start thinking about adding a new habit.

Day 30

Did 25 minutes of meditation again. I'm starting to think and plan my second habit to add.

Day 31

Did 25 minutes of meditation. Felt pretty good when thoughts fall to the background.