Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Turcot

Beauty is a simple thing.

4 posts in this topic

I define beauty as what makes you feel joy with direct experience.

Beautiful simple things:

Hearing:

- The birds signing

- Sounds of the leaves at the top of the trees.

- Pouring a drop of sugar into hot water.

Add...

Feeling:

- Having a girls hand in your hand

- Having sex

- The wind in my face

Add...

Seeing:

- An ant building his house

- The clouds in the sky

- Digital lines in my hand

Smelling:

- Leaves in the autumn

- Grass having just been cut

- Perfume of a woman

Add…

The person who is more enlightened have an infinite exemple of those, cause he lives eternally in the beauty of the present moment, as simple as it is...

Beauty lies in the eye that is unburdened by the mechanical pattern to compulsively measure. 

To perceive without the perceiver, as the perceiver and measure are one and the same movement of anticipation-time. 

In this conditioned movement there is registration of experience, which later recollects, and thought perpetually seeks to re-experience that original experience. 

Classic example of the birth of desire, (the self), seeking psychological security in thought,(pleasure).

BEAUTY IS UNBOUND BY “the i” (the past-future) .

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

Beauty lies in the eye that is unburdened by the mechanical pattern to compulsively measure. 

To perceive without the perceiver, as the perceiver and measure are one and the same movement of anticipation-time. 

In this conditioned movement there is registration of experience, which later recollects, and thought perpetually seeks to re-experience that original experience. 

Classic example of the birth of desire, (the self), seeking psychological security in thought,(pleasure).

BEAUTY IS UNBOUND BY “the i” (the past-future) .

Can you not experience beauty if you are burdened by ego? Does beauty not lie in the eye of the beholder, and is therefore bound by the limits of that 'i'? Can there be beauty if it is not perceived?